• RustedGames said: I believe the bridge between ORK and Inventory Pro should be discussed and delegate to their respective owners since like I said its not as simple
    Normally it's quite hopeless to try to reconcile the 2 systems. There's a reason why InvPro advertises how well it integrates with Plygame, Playmaker, UMA etc --- but not ORK. The InvPro dev never replied to my Ork-related question(s).
  • RustedGames said: Inventory Pro is a beast and I don´t think is easy to integrate or sync with ORK inventory. I would suggest you check its youtube channel before spending any money on the product so you can have an overview on how things works in Inventory Pro.
    Gregorik said: The InvPro dev never replied to my Ork-related question(s).
    Thanks for your information. It's interesting that they have not replied.
    I guess it's hard to be sync database without modify ORK Framework source code. Maybe what we can do is moving to use Inv pro database and making some essential action E.g. equip , use , check.

I'll be find the possible solution :)
    Playmaker and Behavior Designer Integration for ORK Famework
    http://www.gamekakkak.com
  • edited December 2015
    Inventory Pro replied to me in their forum. On November 27th Jorisshh said:
    I currently don't have any plans to integrate Inventory Pro with ORK, simply because of the lack of time. You could of course ask the ORK Framework creator if he has the time to integrate it into Inventory Pro (you never know..)
    Opsive is willing to improve integration between Third Person Controller and ORK, so he should be willing to help you integrate Behavior Designer. On November 25th Opsive said in the TPC forum:
    I'd still like to :) There are two parts to it - gaining a better understanding of how ORK works as well doing the integration. Both of these can take a lot of time. I base the integration updates on the popularity of the integration. So far I haven't received too much feedback on the ORK integration - but that of course may be because it's only a character and camera integration.

What we could do is work together to improve the integration. This would make the integration even stronger than if I were to do it by myself because I'd receive input from an actual ORK user.
    I have been too busy to get back with Opsive, but you should definitely contact him.
    Post edited by Wood on
  • Wood said: I currently don't have any plans to integrate Inventory Pro with ORK, simply because of the lack of time. You could of course ask the ORK Framework creator if he has the time to integrate it into Inventory Pro (you never know..)
    Thanks very much @Wood
    Good to know that he was opened for integration.
    Now I have the time ,Maybe I can do that.
  • Wood said: You could of course ask the ORK Framework creator if he has the time to integrate it into Inventory Pro
    I asked ORK's creator GiL several weeks ago on these forums: he said that it's up to the InvPro dev to work on integrating the two systems.
    So it's now clear that neither of them is interested enough to create the ORK--InvPro bridge.
    However, I DO know that an ORK+InvPro combo would be a monster like no other, so I'd like to work on this, even if it involves $$$. :)
  • Gregorik,

You should do this. The developers don't want to do the integration themselves, but that doesn't mean they won't help you.

And, I agree completely that Ork and Inv Pro together would be a monster.
  • Wood said: You should do this.
    Nope, my C# skills are not enough. What I meant was that a few of us need to team up and pay one of the devs to create the Ork-InvPro bridge. Tanohmz could also create it.
  • If a group of us paid for the development, who would own it? Only the group? The Ork Community?

And, the next step is to directly ask Gil and Inv Pro, for a quote, and if they would collaborate on the programming, which would be the best way to go.
  • @Wood ,
    I've design to create ORK Inv Pro bridge as the asset sell on asset store.
    Today I'm learning and think it's possible to make integration like Plygame.
    But it can take time maybe 4 to 6 week ,because ORK data is more complicate than Plygame data.
    If GIL and InvPro dev both not interested or not have time to create that I will do it.

I've time because I'm on the long vacation and I can't live without coding. :)
  • @Wood:
    GiL and the InvPro dev expressed disinterest earlier this year in coding an Ork-InvPro bridge, but if we pay them, I'm sure they'll do it. :) However, @tanohmz is kind enough to step in at this point.

Tanohmz, please tell us what you need to make the Ork-InvPro plugin happen, thanks. :)
  • @Gregorik ,
    Need to ask GIL permission first . Think he is coming back today. :)
  • @tanohmz
    Great work! Playmaker has some plugins with. If ORK work with playmaker , It is open a door, ORK will easy work with these plugins, Keep this road, you will be success.
  • playmaker user so active, This will bring some new user from playmaker to ORK.This is a win-win result.
  • Thanks, @ZhaoYu
    Hope this asset make ORK Framework more valuable and bring more user to working together. :)
  • Can someone tell me what Playmaker can do that ORK can't? I love any addition that can help me make ORK better--and I have Playmaker--I got it free from a Level 11 offering at Unity. I've never touched it.

But not sure how this can help me. And will it run with ORK on ios without being a big file?