After completing Tutorial 3 - Adding the Player (http://orkframework.com/tutorial/game-tutorial/3-adding-the-player/) when I run the game the player model is not showing up. There is a shadow on the ground where the player should be (and it interacts appropriately with movement) but the player is invisible.

Jason
Post edited by blueFire on
  • edited November 2015
    Look at some of the recent newbie posts. You're not alone--try adding your own player if that would help you. We can help you do that. Even if it's first person. : )

http://forum.orkframework.com/discussion/2679/characters-invisible-in-demo#latest

I think this problem started with Unity 5.0 and shaders but gil--gamingislove--is going to fix it. There are workarounds meanwhile if you look at that thread.

This is a minor thing--ORK is so powerful--once you get comfortable with it--you'll forget you ever had this small problem. Try using your own prefab for the player meanwhile because eventually you're going to want to do that.

Or just pick some free model from the asset store and try using it for your own brown pants/player.
    Post edited by Catacomber on
  • There are different problems that can lead to that, e.g. the blender models (which have been replaced by FBX files a few days ago) or the shaders not loading.

Solving the shader problem (if it occurs) can be done through following the tip in the 1st game tutorial. Open Unity's graphics settings (Edit > Project Settings > Graphics) and include the Always Included Shaders size by 4 (e.g. from 6 to 10) and select the 4 toon shaders that are included in the project in the new fields.
    If that doesn't help, try adding them to the Preloaded Shaders as well.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I imported another game model and it now seems to be working fine. And you are correct. ORK is very powerful and I am very happy with it thus far.

Jason