Hey, been a while.
I've got free time again and I've been working on my game some more. I have encountered a problem with the standard controls in ORK; it seems to not want to animate my character running any more. For some reason I had it working, but I changed prefabs and it ceased function. I have looked through everything and cannot figure out why.
What's happening is that the character stays in his idle animation the whole time.
Here are my settings.

What am I missing?
Olive Branches ~ in development ~ now with a WEBSITE!!!
  • Ok I looked at the "Lost Animations" thread just now, tweaked a couple of things and now the Run animation starts, but keeps resetting to the first few frames unless the character is pushing against something. The Sprint animation works. wtf man...

(Also, anyone know why my character falls through the floor sometimes when it touches another collider??)
  • Having a Capsule Collider and a Character Controller on the game object at the same time might be causing problems. I'd remove the capsule collider, since it's the same as a character controller (which is also used for moving the game object).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Alrighty, I'll give that a shot.
  • Hmm, seems to have not changed anything, unfortunately -_-'
  • Upon further fiddling:

My collision seems only to mess up when two colliders are intersecting. That is annoying but I'll have to be mindful of that.

As for the animation, it seemed to have something to do with the run, walk & sprint thresholds. It kept trying to flick between running and walking I think. I fixed it except now my sprint animation doesn't show.
    This is possibly because my "sprint" is actually a walk and is slower than my run. Not sure how to fix this except via some kind of script. Any suggestions?
  • Well, the sprint should be faster than the run, otherwise it's not working :)
    The auto animation feature is just a helper to handle idle/walk/run/sprint animation playing for you. Depending on what you need it might not work out for you and you should use a custom solution.

When enabling Use Position Change in the combatant's movement settings you get around issues when the movement speed can't be found through character controllers, rigidbody or other means. The rest is up to your speed settings (thresholds help here with stuttering).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Yeah I'll probably use some tutorials and cobble a custom script together. About time I coded something, heh.
  • edited November 2015
    Ha! I mostly avoided coding yet again!
    I am using a 3rd person controller I found for free in the Unity Asset store. Took a heck of a lot of tweaking to get it working with my 3 characters and their unique animations, but I managed it all in a day, so hurray!

As for the battle animations, will they all need to have custom scripting too?
    Post edited by Natnie on
  • No, battle animations are played through the event system, i.e. when you need them. Naturally you'll have to set them up correctly (in ORK and your animator controller).
  • Awesome ^_^