edited March 2014 in ORK Scripting
Hi! First off, I would like to give a huge to the developer. This is an amazing extension. And the amount of work he puts into keeping up with the community is awesome. Serious dedication and reliability there. :)

Second, I would like to point out that the game I'm currently working on is already a work in progress. I'm attempting to implement ORK into my game for it's powerful battle, dialogue, inventory, and crafting systems.

Question 1: How can I go about calling a battle, or maybe inventory by using my GUI buttons in which i made prior to importing ORK? I've read some of the API Docs, I'm not at the level of programming to know how to use that just yet.
e.g(but load a battle scene instead?)
Application.LoadLevel("mainMenu");

Question 2: Is there any detailed documentation on how the load/save system works? I'm looking to load/save the player data to and from a server. I understand this is a broad question, so simply a starting point would be awesome. :)

Thanks in advance.
Post edited by gamingislove on
  • edited March 2014
    1) Take a look at the CombatantComponent class, it contains the code for creating and starting a battle (it's used when an enemy is in battle start range of the player).

2) Save games are handled by the SaveGameHandler class. If you want to add some custom data, implement the ISaveData interface and hook it up somewhere (e.g. in the GameHandler class).

Edit: moved to scripting :9
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!