Hi Guys,
Placed a shop as per tutorial, shop opens fine on interaction, I can navigate to certain items, but then when I have selected the item I want I hit enter (return) (or similarly if I left click) and bang, the game (and editor) just hangs. Whilst in the shop menu, before I have hit enter or left clicked on an item I have noticed that I can move the camera with my left mouse button (using a custom camera controller, which should still be turned off whilst in a shop correct? I have set camera crontroller to none in Game tab of ORK).

Completely reproducible issue

Any help would be much appreciated :)

CPU usage at 25% and memory at 36% when this happens.

Took a look at the unity log, didn't see too much there, and as it freezes can't get anything from the console. let me know if it would help or where to find the ORK log.

Thanks again
  • Yes, camera should not move while you're in the shop. But you have to let ORK know you're using a custom camera just like you have to let it know if you're using a custom controller.

You're using the Enter key to buy something?

Suggest you double check,that you followed the tutorial step by step and make sure the item you're trying to buy is sellable.

• When using custom player or camera controls, make sure to let ORK know about it.

Not having that issue in my project - you can try using one of ORK's built-in camera controls instead to check if that's the source of the problem.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited December 2015
    So firstly the camera, in base controls I have it set to "None" for camera controls then below that in custom controls I have blocked by = camera, placed on = camera, and then I have entered RPGCamera (the name of my cs script).

I can move the view around freely with no problems, going in and out of menu tabs etc whilst moving it. However, double clicking on any base item like health potion, or short sword, or scroll etc at the point of both selling or buying produces this freeze where I have to go cntrl - alt - delete and end task on unity. Having the camera move with left click has also made dragging and dropping abilities to the skill bar impossible. Not sure if the camera is responsible for the freeze but I will have to fix the non disable, for the drop and drag at the very least.

Double checked all items are sellable and have a price set etc.
    Post edited by Phesant33 on
  • edited December 2015
    Still getting the issue, just an update of things I have tried

1. Disabled left mouse for rotate camera so there is no movement of camera whilst in shop (still doesn't technically disable the camera controller though).

2. Gone back over the entire shop tutorial, all settings are exactly the same.

3. Created another shop in a different scene (using the same shop list and shop layout - just different game objects etc) - again exactly the same results

4. I thought it might have been a UI issue as I cant see any quantity buttons. I thought this could be related to some double click check boxes for menus I recently enabled, It always allows me to select the item I want to sell or buy ONCE, but then on the SECOND click (or enter key) I get the hang.

5.Tried running the game in full screen at a higher res (with stretch to fit) to see if there were GUI elements not displaying properly as I cant see quantity buttons, again didn't help. I have noticed what is potentially a description box cutting through the inventory/shop layout (does it in both), this is weird, not sure if its related - (Can post vid)

6. Perhaps I will try running a shop in a new project to see what that produces.

Just one of the last bits of functionality I need (lol imagine a world without shops.....)
  • You need the quantity buttons. You have a GUI box set up for that?

Would it help you if I put up my settings?

Do you use the mouse to select an item to buy?
  • edited December 2015
    In regards to a GUI box for the quantity buttons??? I don't remember doing that? I just followed the tutorial. We add in vertical (<>) and Horizontal buttons (-+) when setting up a quantity selection. So yeah in light of that it would be great if you could put your settings up, cheers. Sounds like this might be it??? Thought the tute would have included that?

I get to the same exact stage as the screen shot in the "lets add a shop" tute, at the bottom of the tute. Yep, I use the mouse to double click to buy (at least thats what I thought, i've never actually been successful at buying lol). It also happens if I use "enter" key once item is selected.

More things I tried...

1. Just to update further, I removed my custom camera and character control scripts and used the ORK ones. No change :( issue occurs exactly on cue.
    2. The drag and dropping abilities and items to the skill bar works fine and did all along, I just thought it was broken as I expected there to be a visual cue for what I was dragging, I guess I thought the button would move down in line with the motion of my curser, this doesn't happen, but If I keep the left mouse down (pretending there was something I was dragging) and release over the slot it appears there so... sweet!!!. Just the shop now.

As always thanks heaps :)

• edited December 2015
    To start off, in Menu Settings, Default Quantity Settings, do you have Buy + Sell as the Default Quantity selections and Minimum Quantity 1 for them all?

In your Shop settings did you check Block Control for each shop? That might be part of your problem with things working that shouldn't.

All your items have 100% chance of buying them?

Post edited by Catacomber on
  • Yep, buy+sell is selected for all of them and 1 is the minimum quantity.

Block control is selected in the shops settings

And chance is 100% for buying each of the items in the shop.

Thanks Cata
  • edited December 2015
    In World Shop Layout, I call it Simple Layout --
    Multi
    No check
    No check
    No check
    No check

Name Box
    Check Show Name
    My GUI Box there -- I use Legacy Gui is called Shop Info
    Check Show title
    Message Text
    %n
    Buy/Sell Box
    Check Show Buy/Sell
    Gui box there is called Main menu
    Check Show Backgrounds
    Not checked
    Both
    None
    Not checked
    Button 0
    Button Type Buy
    Name Buy
    Button 1
    Button Type Sell
    Name Sell
    Button 2
    Button Type Exit
    Name Exit
    Type Box
    Checked Show Type
    GUI Box here Menu Small
    Not checked
    Both
    None
    Not checked
    checked Add Back
    checked First Element
    Sort By Name
    Not checked
    List Box
    GUI Box here Menu Big
    Not checked
    Not checked
    Both
    Info
    Not checked
    Not checked
    Sort by name
    Not checked
    Not checked
    Not checked
    Not checked
    Description Box
    Show Description checked
    Gui Box Menu Info
    Not checked
    Checked
    Checked
    Checked
    Not Checked
    Info Box
    Gui Box Gold Info
    Not checked
    Not checked
    Then here I added some pages
    Information Page 0
    Not checked
    Not checked
    Not checked
    Create HUD
    Add Information element
    Information element 0
    #currency.name0# #currency.inventory#0 currency.name1#: currency.inventory1#
    Text formatting
    Left
    Bottom
    Gold (Font)
    Checked
    Default Shadow
    1 1
    Open Sans Bold
    0 (I'm on mobile--must be 0) You put your type size or nothing will show on pc)
    Normal
    Not checked
    Not checked
    Not checked
    Not checked
    X0 Y 0
    W800 H80
    Not checked
    Not checked
  • Shop setting for Lavender Rose's Jewelry Shop in World/Shops--
    Name Lavender Rose's Jewelry Shop
    Icon of shop
    Simple Layout (what I did up top)
    Currency Gold
    Block control checked
    Not checked
    Not checked
    Not checked
    Not checked
    Not checked
    Add item type:
    Finery
    Own background
    Add background
    Background image
    Not checked
    Stretch to fill
    Checked
    Not checked
    Armor 0
    Besinnung's Ring
    Not checked
    Not checked
    Not checked
    And so on to add all the rings and necklaces she sells.

• If it would be helpful for me to put up the settings for my gui boxes let me know.
  • edited December 2015
    Quantity Selection Settings are in Menus/Quantity Selections--my post keeps getting cut off--
    maybe your problem is in here-
    Buy+Sell
    Gui box here is Itemback
    Not checked
    #text.color2##text.bold%n#
    Decrease Button
    <
  • edited December 2015
    It keeps getting cut off--did it as multiple pms. : )
  • Thanks so much for this, I'm going to check it out tonight and see If I can get it going from what you've posted! Thanks again Cata!
  • I could put up my settings for my GUI boxes but Gil will be back soon and maybe he'll have a solution for you.

Shops have always worked for me since ORK1.