edited January 2016 in ORK Support
I'd like to have more than one icon for the Interact HUD. For example, a hand icon for knocking on doors and interacting with barrels and similar things and a hand with a key icon for interacting with locks. Is there a way to do this? Thanks.
Post edited by gamingislove on
  • edited December 2015
    Yes, by either having different interaction HUD's for different interactions (e.g. using the Custom interaction type), or by adding Scene Object component and using the %i text code in the HUD to display the icon of the scene object (which is set up in World > Scene Objects).
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Somewhat related to the original question... Is there any way to place the interaction HUD relative to the target of the interaction?

I'm using more of a top-down camera view with a click-to-move character controller, so having the HUD in the middle of the screen looks silly. I tried "At Cursor" and it looks fine if I don't move the pointer when I click on the target, but if I move the pointer away while the PC is moving (or rotate the camera), then the HUD is nowhere near the target that the player is interacting with.
  • I don't think that's currently possible. I'll look into it.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Second that
  • Coming in ORK 2.6.2 tomorrow :)
  • Thanks, gil. I like that too.