edited December 2015 in Announcements
ORK Framework 2.6.1 is here: release notes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There'll be a bugfix version for the new UI issues in ORK 2.6.0 coming within the next days. Currently not really including new features, just some fixes :)
Post edited by gamingislove on
Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks for the fixes! :D
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • Thanks for being my tester :D
    The version will be out tomorrow!
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • ORK Framework 2.6.1 is here: release notes
  • Thanks GIL.
    Happy New Year!
    Playmaker and Behavior Designer Integration for ORK Famework
    http://www.gamekakkak.com
  • edited January 2016
    Oops, running into an issue with this version that I don't think was in my beta version:

I'm actually unable to save any changes to values in custom ORK inspectors.

For example,

-I attempt to change the Target Scene and Spawn ID of a scene changer, save the scene and then reload the scene.

-The scene changer is completely unchanged, it has not saved the new values at all.

-I've tried restarting unity, tried this across multiple scenes and it occurs on Event Interactions, Scene Changers, Spawn points, I think pretty much any ORK custom inspectors.

EDIT: I reverted, this does actually occur with my beta version as well. There's a caveat to the bug and the reason why I hadn't caught it before:

You cannot change already existing game objects. If you duplicate one and change the settings on that one, it will adopt the new setting, but then it is stuck with that setting permanently as well, forcing you to duplicate and create another new object. May be the result of some new Unity weirdness.

Can anyone else replicate this behavior?
    Post edited by Kirb on
  • edited January 2016
    Yes, I can confirm that this happens for me too. Changed a scene changer, saved the scene and project, left the scene, went back and the scene changer had the old values --nothing changed.

If I changed destination of a teleporter object I put in the scene using an event and event interaction, the new destination saved but not using a scene changer.

Nonetheless, Happy New Year to everyone.
    Post edited by Catacomber on
  • I was having the same problems prior to updating today, but haven't noticed them yet with the new version. I was having that problem on music player objects where I would set their music and set them to Fade To and when I played instead of playing the scene music it was still playing music from my menu scene. Went back and looked and everything was back to default values. Same type of thing happened when working with Scene changers as well.

But I have yet to notice any similar occurences in the 2.6.1 release.
  • edited January 2016
    I'm using a file created with an older version of Unity but updated to the latest (Unity 5.3.1f1) and added the latest ORK update---2.6.1.

I think Kirb is also using an older, updated file, not sure.
    Post edited by Catacomber on
  • This is most likely an Unity issue - the data of components are saved by Unity, ORK doesn't do anything special there (other than displaying the settings with it's own editor in the inspector). I'll investigate.
  • Ok, tested it and can confirm there is an issue since Unity 5.3.
    Changes to ORK components with custom editors aren't recognized by Unity as changes, i.e. it wont cause the scene to save (or warn you of changes). Making other changes in the scene (e.g. moving a game object) that mark the scene as changed (which you can see by the * symbol next to the scene's name in the Unity editor).

Seems like the way I marked changes to the components isn't working anymore since Unity 5.3 - I'll fix this with an update next week. Will probably use that occasion to finally add multi-editing support for ORK components :)

Until than, if you change something in ORK components (e.g. scene changers), make sure to do something else in the scene as well, that let's Unity know that the scene has been changed.
  • Thanks so much in advance for the update.
  • Thanks GiL!
  • Thanks! That may explain why I saw it work sometimes and other it didn't. That was also on 2.6 with an older build. When I updated yesterday, I started with a new project file to restart the tutorial without the project file included with the tutorial pack. Figured I wanted to force myself to do everything from scratch this time in order to build with my own values.. heheh

Will definitely make sure I do something else in scene though after making ORK changes to ensure stuff is saved until you have a fix out..
  • You don't have to do a different change after changing a component - this can also be done before. It's just crucial that Unity knows that something in the scene has changed (i.e. displaying the *), otherwise it wont save anything (or promt you to save the changes).
  • Until the save issue is resolved, another way to save is to click 'Save Scene as...' onto your current scene to force Unity to actually save the modified scene.