Never really dealt with 2D in ORK. How does the framework deal with sprite direction based on 3D overhead environments? What are the essential steps in determining a sprite animation based on orientation?
  • ORK doesn't really deal with that - that's up to your animator controller when using Mecanim. ORK only offers you to forward rotation information (either in degree, 4- or 8-directional) to your controller.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Ah. So if I have battles occur on the field and the player encounters the enemy from the right, I would have to use a battle start event using Mecanim to determine the idle stance and attack animations for battles that use the "right" perspective?
  • Pretty much - e.g. using a Mecanim Animation step to set a parameter to let the animator controller know you're facing right.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!