edited January 2016 in ORK Support
I was just looking at Inventory Pro because some people here like it and I see it has some things that are useful --other things overlap ORK so I don't really care about those things.

One thing I like is that you can have a picture of the player --human body basically--and you can equip on it inventory items by dragging and dropping--can I do this in ORK? I never tried but I think it's a great feature. There are a lot of assets in the Unity asset store that provide a human body to drag and drop things on--but not sure what would have to be done to that 2d graphic to make things get equipped on my 3d player in ORK.

Post edited by gamingislove on
  • You'd need to have that graphic part of the GUI box (e.g. part of the box prefab when using the new UI). Placing the equipment parts around it can be done through the Position choice mode in the GUI box.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I can't do that with legacy ui?

But thanks. If I can do that with the new UI, it's worthwhile changing.
  • Sure, in that case it'd need to be part of the GUISkin you're using (Box style backgrounds).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks! I'll try it.
  • edited January 2016
    About the graphic of the player that is part of the GUISkin or GUI box---can I change it during a player selection event depending on what character the player chooses to play?

Say I use Mr. Necturus' spellcaster or fighter---and I take a screenshot of that and convert it to a png or jpg file in game--can I substitute that graphic in that part of the GUISkin or GUI box depending on what the player's choice is?

So that's my inventory figure and I can then use the slots I position to show equipped items?

Post edited by Catacomber on
  • No, that's not possible. In that case you might want to work with something different, e.g. portraits or using the image steps.
  • edited January 2016
    Thanks. I'll try it. : ) The image steps are pretty useful.
    Post edited by Catacomber on