edited January 2016 in General Discussion
I know it integrates with ORK. I have their Love/Hate system. I know they do good work.

Can anybody give me a reason why I would rather use this than ORK's built in dialogue/quest system?

I don't want to go crazy spending money in the Asset Store. I prefer to buy select assets that can do for me necessary basic or unique things. : )
Post edited by Catacomber on
  • edited January 2016
    I've been following a lot of posts in this forum encouraging a number of assets--

UFPS
    Pixel Crushers' Dialogue System
    Inventory Pro
    Unistorm
    and others--

I see a good argument for Unistorm and All Sky even though Unistorm might not work that well on mobile.

For the others--I'm not sure. I don't want to spend a lot of gold on the asset store when I wouldn't necessarily have anything I could use that's better than what I've got with ORK, which does so much. And gil adds so much if you ask him and he can.

• Pixel Crusher's Dialogue has much nicer and easier to use editor, also comes with good UI system with different types of dialogue. Localization support etc.
    I also prefer it's quest system. Much easier to use then ORK imho and get's less cluttered.
    You can export and import text to Articy: Draft, Chatmapper and bunch of other options.
  • edited January 2016
    Catacomber said: I don't want to spend a lot of gold on the asset store when I wouldn't necessarily have anything I could use that's better than what I've got with ORK, which does so much. And gil adds so much if you ask him and he can.
    Guess you pretty much answer your own question here. If you're happy with vanilla ORK, these tools are an overkill. But GiL won't build an industry standard dialogue system or FPS sytem for you. That's where Pixel Crushers and UFPS come in. Same with Playmaker or DKUMA2.
    Post edited by Gregorik on
  • edited January 2016
    I never found ORK's quest system to be cluttered and my players are fine with it.

However, you convinced me to get this. :) It apparently integrates seamlessly with ORK.

Will see. I'll give it a chance.

• I am using All Sky right now, for the background of my start game scene, although I have been considering changing over to a dynamic sky for the visual effect.

In one of my scenes I use Instant Good Day. Its a dynamic day night cycle with sun, moon, clouds etc. No weather. I like it because it's simple and the developer was very responsive to my couple of questions.
  • I was just looking at Instant Good Day this morning and some rain and snow effects. They're on my wish list until I decide between them and Unistorm. :) There's a good, free Rain effect that has five stars.
  • I have tested integration with different scenarios and I found DS to be powerful and easy to use tool.
  • Hello Guys,

Anyone can help me with using Quest Tracker of ORK with DS? I m trying to have the quests on my quest log using ORKAddQuest("test quest"); script on DS but now luck ( quest doesnt appear on my ORKs Quest Log Tracker).

Any idea? thank you.
  • edited January 2017
    Guys just so you know, after asking from the Dialogue Systems Dev (he is very supportive), yesterday he made available 2 new event steps for ORK, Get Quest State and Set Quest State : http://www.pixelcrushers.com/dialogue-system-extras/
    Post edited by dlevel on