Hi All

For my game i need a top down static camera. The camera should not move even if the player moves.

I tried to attach no Camera Control component to the camera but after this the player also stopped moving. I am spanning the player in the scene based on event.

I came across Top Down camera option but i dont think it suits me. The No Camera Control option is ideal for me but, when i add it Player is also not moving. Can you please suggest how to go about it.

Please guide me..
Post edited by karmik on
  • Hi Karmik,
    Not sure if I´m following correctly. By "No Camera Control" you mean the Camera Control Type set to none under Game Controls Settings?
    if that is the case then you will need to add also a Custom Control below as shown in this tutorial in order to let ORK know how to deal with your Camera when it requires to block its movement.
  • edited January 2016
    Hi rusted games thanks for suggestion.

I just want the camera to concentrate on the sceen as a whole all the time. I dont want it to keep moving with the player.

The character keeps moving from one part of the sceen to other.

I thought setting the camea x,y,z as per my requirement and adding component "no camera control" to the camera would work. I read @gamingislove give this advise to some one in forum. I cant find the page now.

Wanted to know Is there a simple
    Way of doing it within Ork without any custome stuff. Custome would be last option for me. I am a very bad dev.
    Post edited by karmik on
  • If you never need a camera control, you can just use the None camera control type in Base/Control > Game Controls. Otherwise the No Camera Control component is the way to block adding the control component automatically.

What player controls are you using?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks @gamingislove . It is working But i liked the top down border control type. It gave me a new idea for the game. I love the detailed documentation as well in the editor.

I got the error below initialy after i setup the camera to none but when i created a new scene it worked well.

orkframework ButtonPlayerController.UpdateSmoothedMovementDirection () not set