Hi,

I have been following the tutorials and have a problem with the runToBase event.
Brown Pants and Evil Pants attack as specified but on runToBase, either (or both) Brown Pants or Evil Pants sometimes end up looking away from their opponent so on the next attack round Brown Pants stabs Evil Pants in the back!
Not really what I was hoping for; any ideas for fixing this?
Post edited by gatekeeper on
  • edited January 2016
    Evil Pants deserves it!!
    ...sorry I couldn´t help it ;)
    Does your move settings are the same as the tutorial? Face Direction and Follow Position. I don´t see other place to check this
    Post edited by RustedGames on
  • He certainly does :)

Yes, Face Direction ticked and Follow Position ticked.

Thanks
  • Ya know, I had a problem with Tut 21. It turned out I had missed a couple of minus signs I was supposed to input. So, I would say there is probably something rather simple that you missed. Go through it again,
    S-l-o-w-l-y. You'll find it.
  • Check if you've enabled Reset Look Angles in the event's settings. That's what makes all combatants (not in action) look at their enemies at the end of the event. Otherwise you can also do that with an event step.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Hi GIL,

Reset Look Angles ticked in the Event Settings. Which event step do I use? I've added Battle/Combatant/Look At Enemies after Change Position but Evil Pants always ends up facing away from Brown Pants.
  • @Wood,

The players are moving to the correct positions, just not always turning to face each other (mostly Evil Pants)
  • Hm, try to add a small wait step (e.g. 0.01 seconds) after the movement step (which hopefully has waiting for the movement to finish enabled).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks GIL, that fixed it.