edited March 2016 in ORK Support
I was looking how to change the music and fade in and out when the player enters to a new area but this area it is placed at the same scene, it is possible in ORK? I was looking the tutorials but I´ve seen I can change the music between scenes but not in areas. There is a way to do it
Post edited by gamingislove on
  • Yep. You can just add a trigger collider to the music player and set the Music player to Trigger enter.
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • Hola @berbelias, the way I workaround it was to add two Event Interaction components to the Area Component.
    The first Event Interaction->Event Settings->Start Type->Trigger Enter
    The second Event Interaction->Event Settings->Start Type->Trigger Exit
    Now both Event Interaction requires an Event to be called, so I created two Events of type GameEvents with Change Music steps.
    So when the player begins the level I have the main music played, as soon she enters the graveyard area the main music is fade to the graveyard music and when she exits the graveyard the main music starts.

you can see it i this video

• Like Kirb said - use the Music Player component for that. It has all the nice start types as Event Interactions.

@RustedGames
    You basically recreated the music player as an event :D
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • wow! good to know, is not the first time I found my self reinventing the wheel :|
  • Yess I´ve really done and I put 5 music player in the scene with collider and trigger enter and exits then my character player can change to battle area and field area with smooth fades in music, this is really funny.