I have an object with an Event Interaction component attached to it that works fine until I have it placed within another Box Collider (this one set to Is Trigger). If I put the trigger collider into the "Ignore Raycast" layer, I can click on the event object and it works fine. But I need that trigger collider on a different specific layer (not Default), and when I set it to the proper layer, clicking on the event object does nothing. I can't find anywhere to set a layer mask for this. I thought that it would use the same layer mask as the player mouse controller, but that is set to Default and not the layer that the trigger collider is assigned to.

Is there any place to set up a specific layer mask for clicking on an Event Interaction? If not, can one be added? :-)
  • That mechanic relies on Unity's OnMouseUp function of components, so there's no raycast in ORK involved in that ... if the game object isn't receiving the mouse click (due to another collider being over it, there's currently not much you can do about it.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks, @gamingislove. It really sucks that there's nothing I can do about it, but I appreciate you answering my question. :-)

The outer collider is for handling something which isn't really part of gameplay, so I'll find another solution for that.