edited November 2013 in ORK Support
Thanks to you, I learned I could use the Status Effect editor to override the Idle animation for when a player combatant's health is low. Now, I assumed I could do the same thing for when a character is critically hit, meaning a more impactful damage animation. Although, being critically hit isn't a status, so I'm at a loss as to how I'll be able to override the regular damage animation.
Post edited by gamingislove on
  • You can do this in the battle events.

In the calculate step, disable 'Animate Target' and enable 'Use Critical Next' (and probably the other 'Next' options for miss and block too).
    Now you can add next steps for every outcome of the calculation and play whatever animation you like :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited November 2013
    Ah I see. So after disabling Animate Target and enabling Use Critical Next, which step would I use for the Critical node so that the target is animated based off their critically-hit damage animation?
    Post edited by Griffin on
  • edited November 2013
    Use an animation step - if you set up an animation type for critical damage, you can use a combatant animation step and play this animation type on the target, else you can always use a legacy (or mecanim) animation step and define the animation that should be played right there.

Since having a separate critical damage animation sounds like a good idea, I'll implement that in one of the next updates, so if you can wait a bit you don't need to work around that now :)

Edit: it's already coming in beta13 :)
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • That's so awesome of you! Can't express my gratitude enough! I'll definitely wait, so thread no longer needed. :DDDDDDDD
This discussion has been closed.