edited March 2014 in ORK Support
Hey !

First of all, I must tell that I just begun with Unity. I want, with a friend of mine, to create a RPG 3D Game using Tidy Tile Mapper and ORK Framework.

I started by following the ORK Game Tutorials. Since I want to begin my project, I follow this tutotials while making my own game. So when the tuto told me to use 2 Field as a Game Starting Point, I did it, but it the map editor, I deleted the Terrain element, and created my own one with Tidy Tile Mapper. Everything gone correctly, but the fact that the camera is soooo wrong : The player isn't drawn ! The camera only show the map...

As well, I would like to use the First person camera : But the one in ORK doesn't meet my wishes... I would like a camera at head position, inside the player, that follow my mouse, exactly like a FPS one.

If you could please, leave me some help, that would be cool,
Sry for bad english,
Arn Hackeur.
  • The field scene is never mentioned as a game starting point - but you can use it if you want, but make sure to add a Game Starter for quick game testing to the scene if you start in it directly, otherwise you'll have to go through the main menu scene to start the game.
    You can find more info on quick game testing in this how-to.

The camera issue is most likely because ORK isn't initialized correctly and doesn't spawn the player and add controls.
    As for the camera controls, you can use any custom control you like with ORK Framework - you just need to tell ORK the name of the control component (so that ORK can enable/disable the camera control as needed). You can find more info on that in this how-to.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited March 2014
    Fast starting isn't a big deal for testing, I've got no problem with that :)

The camera, on the other hand, is a real problem to me. I already did read the camera control how-to, but it's Chinese for a begginer as me :/. What do you mean by not initialized correctly ? How can I solve that ?

BTW thanks for your fast answer,
    Thanks again,
    Arn Hackeur.
    Post edited by ArnHackeur on
  • edited March 2014
    Here you can have a look, maybe it can help you helping me :p
    http://puu.sh/7wjgP.jpg
    http://puu.sh/7wjqb.png
    http://puu.sh/7wjsG.png
    If you need any information just tell me... Sry for being this noob :/

On this screen I use default camera control because I dunno how to go for a FPS camera. However the player isn't drawn.
    Post edited by ArnHackeur on
  • I think the player isn't drawn because you've probably disabled the layer the player is on in the camera's Culling Mask. Your screenshot of the camera shows that it's Mixed, so some of the layers are disabled.

ORK Framework also contains a first person camera. You can set it up in Base/Control > Game Controls. Select the camera control type First Person and set it up how you like it (inputs, where to place the camera on the player, etc.).
    When using the built-in first person camera, you should use the Button player control with First Person enabled.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!