edited July 2016 in ORK Support
Since damage dealers need to be applied to weapons and projectiles, I'm at a loss as to how to do this with 2D combatants. Anyone have a workaround for this? Is there anything special I should spawn within the battle event in order to get the damage dealer to work?
Post edited by Griffin on
  • You don't have to add them to weapons - you can also add them to the combatant's prefab.

Probably easiest for 2D when only showing weapons during attack animations would be to spawn a prefab with a damage dealer during that time.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • So I should spawn a prefab that has the same form as the attack, then disable after the attack is finished?
  • E.g. like that - or have it on the combatant's prefab from the start, or use equipment viewers to have different forms for different weapons :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • have it on the combatant's prefab from the start
    Oh that's right. So, since the character uses a long sword. I can have a horizontal rectangle in front of the character at all times, and when they attack, the damage dealer auto activates, so that it isn't just damaging enemies I run into. Got it! Thanks.