edited March 2014 in ORK Support
I am SO close to getting my 2D battle system working in one of my games, Schism. After hours of work I finally got the camera right. But I can't figure out how to activate 2D battle animations inside the framework. Does anybody know how to do this? Or can I spawn prefabs, or activate a bool variable, or do something that will activate a Unity 4.3 2D animation?

I'm not sure if it's possible, but my heart tells me it is. :)

Post edited by mattsnee on
  • Well, how did you set up your 2D animations - are you using the old legacy system or Mecanim?

Generally, you'll need to set up your animation types and animations in Base/Control, just like with a 3D game :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I've been trying to get Mechanim to work. But I don't really know what I'm doing. I have it set so when it spawns the player, the idle is playing, but I can't get it to play animations during battle. I've entered them in to the base controls but I don't think I've done it right. I'm gonna fool around with it a bunch once I have some more coffee, and I will post some screen shots of what I'm doing.
  • How to set up mecanim in ORK Framework depends how you've set up the animation controller you're using.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • hey GIS,

here is what I have set up:

I'm kind of flying blind with this stuff. Do you notice what I'm doing wrong? Thanks in advance. :)
  • From a first look it should work ... did you select the Attack animation type to play in your battle event?
  • you were right, I didn't have it set up in my status abilities! Thank you so much, it works now!