edited March 2014 in ORK Support
So, all of my other animations are working correctly, using bools to play and stop them, but the running animation doesn't set the bool to true when i move, neither it does it during combat, but here is the weird part, when i fight combatants without character controllers it works fine [using the same animator and animations settings in Ork that the player uses]

As you can imagine i've tryied everything i could think of, from using other activation methods in the play parameter of Ork to deactivate the character controller at the start of the battle and use a script to move outside, but the character controller seems to reactivate automatically and if i do it manually it still doesn't fix the issue.

Any suggestions?, thanks in advance!
Post edited by Maximal on
  • Do you have Use Auto Animation enabled in your combatant's Animation Settings?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Yeah, it's enabled.
  • Ok, I guess that's got something to do with your Character Controller not being used to move around and thus not having any velocity (what's used to check the move speed and play the appropriate animation).

If you aren't using the character controller for movement you should remove it on your combatant's game object ... if you're using it, than something else is going on.

I can find out more if you send me a small test project with your ORK settings and a small scene to move your combatant around (you can send it to contact@orkframework.com).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • For those who also run into this problem:

This happens because Mecanim using Apply Root Motion doesn't work well with using a Character Controller. The character controller doesn't get any velocity, so there is no speed change and no animation will be played.

To solve this, either disable Apply Root Motion on the combatant's Animator, or use a different player control that doesn't use a Character Controller.