edited November 2016 in ORK Support
Hello,

I had a question regarding a problem I've been stuck with (for some time now) :(

Background:

Basically, I have a field and battle scene. And a default set of Battle Events (Start Battle, Victory, Defeat, Escape, Leave Arena) for Real Time Battles configured in the Real Time Battle Settings.

In the Field, I have a Combatant Spawner which spawns a field slime Battle Object with an attached Battle Component.

When my player enters the field slime's trigger, the Real Time Battle Start Event stores the scene and loads the player (plus other allies) into the Battle Scene.

The battle Scene contains a Real Time Battle Area (RTBA) with Trigger defining the size of the arena.

Though, the battle takes place in difference scene. The original Battle Component information persists to the battle scene.

I have a Use Leave Arena setting enabled for Real Time Battles which uses the Leave Arena Battle Event (included in my default battle events)

Problem:

I can easily leave the battle area and trigger the Leave Arena battle Event.

However, after defeating all of the enemies on the field:
  1. The leave arena battle event is still function (which I think makes sense given that the RTBA is handling the escape condition still.
  2. The battle victory event does not automatically activate upon defeating all enemies on the screen. Though if I exit the RTBA from an area not covered by the leave arena zone coverage, it will sometimes show the Collect Battle Gains message (but not execute the victory battle event I specified)
  3. Whenever I add a "Collect Battle Gains" event to any battle event. They are no longer activated in the Battle Scene ( including the leave battle arena event."

Questions:

Am I running into these issues because RTBAs do not use Start Battle Events/End Battle Events?

So perhaps there is some interference going on?

I'm quite positive that the Battle Component from the field is involved, as when my battle transitions to the battle scene, the Object with the Battle Component is also brought into the new scene (with the same settings?).

Can Collect Battle Gains events not be used in junction with RTBAs?

Dreams:

I just want to hear the FFVII victory theme (I'm borrowing) after a punch the last slime monster. Just once :(

(Sorry for the long message. I can elaborate on the details and send pics, if that would help.)
Post edited by twill14 on
  • Real time battle areas don't use battle start/end events.

The question is why you'd first start through a regular arena battle (Battle component) and have a real time battle area in the battle scene in the first place. I'd recommend to not using RTBAs in this case, since you're already teleporting into your battle scene in a running battle.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • The answer to that question was... because I didn't know what I was thinking...

Thank you GiL, once again!

For future reference, are RTBA's better used for battle systems that have battles that occur within the same field as the main game? (Like in the Diablo series?)

Since they don't have Battle Start or Battle End events, what kinds of game situations would they be better leveraged?
  • Yes, RTBAs are used for large-scale battles, think of games like Legend of Zelda, Terranigma or Diablo - you have a large area where enemies run around and you can just attack them right there.

The arena battles (Battle component or automatically created by spawned combatants when not in a RTBA) are for single battles - you can still have a large area with enemies running around, but each enemy would initiate a single, individual battle where you're only fighting this one enemy (or group). For more action, you can have other enemies automatically join in on the battle when coming in range, but it's still a single battle.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!