I don't know what happened but Makinom is not working anymore and is giving me this ERROR.

Please please help!!!!
Portfolio - My Website
Follow my project on Reddit - My Game DevLog
relentingVids - My YouTube Channel
Half Super Shop - My Shop
  • Are you using any plugins and/or ORK beside Makinom in this project?
    Try updating everything you're using to the latest versions (Makinom, ORK, plugins).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I updated Unity and Makinom now works but all my Machines on my objects are like this (see picture) and do not function as they should.
    Portfolio - My Website
  • Looks like the editor code isn't found, check if the MakinomEditor.dll is placed in Assets/Makinom/DLL/Editor.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited November 2016
    It's not there? =[
    Unless this is it?

I'm beginning to think I'll have to make a new project, re-import all my models, and see if dragging over the saved schematics and project data into Makinom will work. ='[
    Post edited by relenting_1 on
    Portfolio - My Website
  • edited November 2016
    It seems like you have Makinom imported twice - delete the MakinomEditor file without the arrow at the left. Also, check the DLL folder if the Makinom and MakinomCore files are there twice as well (delete those without arrows).

Maybe reimport Makinom afterwards to make sure you've got the new version.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • Did everything you directed and it is still not functioning properly... =[
    I started a new project to test Makinom and it works, it's just going to be very very tedious if I have to reimport everything into another project.
    Portfolio - My Website
  • Very strange. One last thing you could try would be to do this in the finder (outside of Unity, best with Unity closed) - delete the DLL folder and copy/paste one from another (fresh) project in there.
  • edited November 2016
    GIL,

You saved my game!!!!
    Thank You Sooooo Sooooo Sooooooooooooo much!!!!

One weird thing tho is that the game will only play if I pause it and then unpause it.
    But that is no problem to work around!!!
    It works and I'm fricking happy as hell!!!!!! =]

Thanks again sooo much!!!!!!!
    Portfolio - My Website
  • edited November 2016
    It seems like the Unity Services Plugin was the source of the problem like you stated to check in an earlier comment.
    I deleted the Services Plugin folder and re-imported it as the updated version but still it errors out and would not let me play test and forces the Inspector to DEBUG mode which is why the Machines looked so weird.
    For now I'm just going to keep Unity Services Plugin folder deleted until the time comes to enable Analytics and IAP ( in app purchase ) and then right clicked the Debug tab to switch it back to normal Inspector.
    Eventually I will be coming back to Unity Services Plugin and hopefully I'll have no errors.

Posting this here just in case someone else runs into this issue.

Portfolio - My Website
  • Did you have those things also enabled/imported in Unity? The Makinom plugins for ads/analytics wont work without Unity having the functionality enabled :)