edited November 2016 in ORK Support
Hey guys,
When dragging and dropping abilities (or equipment/consumables like health potions) to the skill bar HUD, I can't see the icon I am dragging. I basically have to just imagine it attached to my cursor. Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Thanks for any thoughts on this.
Post edited by Phesant33 on
  • heres an idea that could work with Makinom, im not sure if ORK has the same event nodes

check if ability is selected and clicked/dragged node
    then add a node that has an empty game object follow the cursor
    and on that empty game object have a show dialogue HUD and use the text code to show the icon

just an idea hope it's at least a good start =]
    Portfolio - My Website
    Follow my project on Reddit - My Game DevLog
    relentingVids - My YouTube Channel
    Half Super Shop - My Shop
  • You just have to turn on the Dragging Notification in Menus > Menu Settings to make what you're dragging visible.

If you want it to follow the cursor, you need to set that up in the used GUI box.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Hi @relenting_1, thanks for the suggestion :).

@gamingislove, thanks Gil, unfortunately Dragging notifications didn't help the issue. Every drag and drop check box is ticked on all participating menu's/gui boxes and in the menu settings. The abilities "type" box drags beautifully across the screen (not really required :) ), but the ability icon's themselves do not move at all :(

When I click on the abilities I get a menu that pops up with only that one ability selected, but I can't drag this at all, its fixed. And the only dragging that works is from the main list of abilities not this pop up menu, and of-course that dragging is invisible (but does usually work and fills the vacant slot on the HUD).

Thanks for the help

• Like I said - if the GUI box with the drag notification should follow the cursor, you need to enable this in the settings of the GUI box.

These settings are found in the Content Box Settings of the GUI box. Enable At Cursor and Follow Cursor to have the drag notification follow the cursor object. The x/y bounds will define the offset to the cursor's position.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks GIL, the issue is that i cant seem to find the gui box that the item is using its defaulting to my default one but when I change settings on that one nothing happens. I have no idea how this one that appears is even generated
  • The GUI box used for the drag notification is the one defined in the Drag Box setting in Menus > Menu Settings.
  • Sorry Gil, my earlier post didn't send for some reason. Thanks for replying though.

Ah, figured it out. I didn't realize that the dragging notifications under menu settings had to have the same GUI box selected (I thought It was just a global setting).

Thanks heaps :)
  • Well, the dragging notification settings are global, i.e. each drag+drop mechanic uses these settings and layout.
  • Thanks this is solved :)