edited November 2016 in General Discussion
Hi Guys,
I have some choices in a GUI box where the issue is that the icon (info) is covering up the text (choice).

In the choice box settings for the GUI box I have selected that the choice text is aligned TOP and the info as BOTTOM, but the text is still obscured.

The icon is not big (55 max) and has padding of 5, whilst the choice padding is 10,10,10,10 currently (I have tried for 3-4 hours with no success by changing padding to much larger numbers, alignment combos, basically changing everything I can.) With a bizarre combo the best I can do is get part of the text very very slightly poking above the icon but not enough to read it at all.

@gamingislove Is the text and info alignment meant for this purpose? or am I using it incorrectly? Most likely something I have overlooked or misunderstood.

Happy to send through a video.

Thanks heaps for any help.

Post edited by Phesant33 on
  • The Line Alignment settings are only used for the alignment of a single line, e.g. when you're displaying text and icon in a single line, or use multiple font sizes.
    The Choice Padding is the padding around the whole choice content, i.e. text and info.

There's currently no setting to stop text and info from overlaying each other.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I selected is one line, at it made little difference. Is there anything you would suggest. I just wanted the text to sit above the icon, nothing fancy.
    Thanks again for all the help :)
  • Well, you could put both text and info into the text part by using custom layouts in the various choice layout settings.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I tried for another few hours with partial success. Words now appear above respective icons so thanks for the suggestion :)

I now need to get the separation of the two columns happening properly but I can still trial and error this for a while.
    Thanks
  • edited November 2016
    Don't waste any more time on this, a new setting will be coming in ORK 2.9.0 to optionally separate text and info of a choice :)
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • Oh thank goodness!!! Thank you GiL really appreciate your help and time with this. It will make GUI placement much simpler.