I've been using ORK for a while now, I'm getting into using Makinom also for my game.

Having some trouble getting certain things to work in it.

The game is primarily ORK and Im using the plugin for Makinom.

My question is, can I use both ORK and Makinom or I must absolutely use Ork with Makinom plugin.

Currently I've got a simple rotation object schematic that just won't work unless I use the Ork Makinom plugin.
If I use a Makinom Machine + Schematic it doesn't work.

Post edited by artainx on
ORK user since 2014. Patron since 2018.
  • make sure you have both game starters in the testing scene, one for ORK and one for Makinom
    Portfolio - My Website
    Follow my project on Reddit - My Game DevLog
    relentingVids - My YouTube Channel
    Half Super Shop - My Shop
  • Apart from the correct point @relenting_1 wrote, why don't you simply use Ork + Makinom + the plugin? I managed to set up, with my limited experience, a 2D game with grid movements (as roguelike games), and everything worked nicely with these 3 assets. Is there a artciular reason for not using the plugin? ^^
    If i misunderstood your problem, sorry. :-)
  • I'm using the plugin for certain things. I've also got the two game starters in.

I've got my makinom set player schematic running and working.
    I used a check player node + console output to confirm this.

When my rotation schematic machine fires it is supposed to check for player and his range then start spinning,
    I get the error thst no player is set.

I'll have to post the full error code when I'm home later.

• Try leaving out the range check just to see if the schematic is actually firing and your player starts spinning.

If your player starts spinning during test then maybe the player isn't in range?
    Portfolio - My Website
    Follow my project on Reddit - My Game DevLog
    relentingVids - My YouTube Channel
    Half Super Shop - My Shop
  • Makinom and ORK have their separate players. I.e. if your schematic wants to access the player game object, you'll first need to set it, e.g. using a set player schematic.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited March 2017
    Thanks, i've done this but by choosing Destroy Old Player, my player that Ork spawned disappears. If i leave Destroy Old Player disabled my Ork Player is ok.

Also With the option with Set Player schematic I have a console output to let me know it's been done.. That works but my player is never actually set in Makinom and my schematics doesn't work.

http://imgur.com/a/dnI6X

That is my setup and the Unity Console node gets triggered. So i guess the Set Player must be working? This console keeps appearing though during gameplay. EVery few seconds I see it in Console. The AutoMachine is set exactly as instructed in the tutorial
  • If the console message appears repeatedly, there's something wrong with your setup. Setting the player should only be done once - so either your player is repeatedly spawned and destroyed or you have this on multiple game objects that are spawned ...
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I'll verify that, I know I have no objects being spawned except player and player is spawned once through ork. Thanks for tip
  • edited March 2017
    I had the Makinom Game Starter active with Start Game enabled and the same set player schematic. I've since disabled the Start Game in the Makinom Game starter and left only the auto machine on my player.

Now the console appears only 3 times on loading and never again after this.

Once I add any other Makinom machine - regardless of its purpose I see this console again appear 2-3 times more.

My Player spawned through Ork doesn't get respawned. It spawns once and I run around the area, I go pick up an item and it all appears again in console. ( The item is a test item that has a Makinom Machine to Check if the Starting Object is Player.

I cannot understand how to properly link Makinom in an Ork game. I must be too tired at night or something

• There isn't really much to it - you only have to import the connection plugin, add it as explained in the plugin's site and enable the options you want.

If you need the ORK player recognized as player in Makinom, you'll just have to use the Set Player node in a schematic, e.g. attached to the player's prefab.
  • I did some tests today - working fine

thanks gil!