Hello!
I have a problem... I started prototyping a 3D with real time battles, and i must admit i almost used Unity for 2D, so i am completely lost about the setup. It took me 2 days to get animations working in the scene, and the result is not good-looking yet... but i cannot understand how to use the new prefab for melee attacks. I.E. i have a humanoid prefab, i don't need to have any weapon spawned, i would like to simply use its 3D model sword to make damage to the player: how is this possible?
Thanks in advance! ^_^
  • In case you're talking about doing damage when actually hitting something with your sword, take a look at damage dealers/zones, e.g. in this game tutorial.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited November 2016
    Thanks GiL, very useful. If i am using only the prefab of the monster, without any 3D weapon attached, do you suggest adding the damage dealer to monster arm/part?
    Thank you!

EDIT: GiL, did you happen to read my mail? ^^
    Post edited by Kaemalux on
  • Yes, in that case you'd just add the damage dealer to the monster's part itself, the rest should work as explained in the tutorials.

And yes, I've read your email, will come back to you later on that matter :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!