Hi community,

I am trying to click a combatant object in the scene to actually select this combatant in a Phase Battle. I am aware of that ORK provide "Use Combatant Choice"** option to let player choose a combatant freely in the Phase Battle mode. This option will make use of a GUI box which offers a list of all members of combatants of his faction participating in battle.

Well, I am thinking to get rid of this GUI box and trying to make it more intuitive by letting player select a combatant by simply clicking the combatant in the scene. Based on my current research, ORK does not support this functionality for now. Does anyone know any workaround for this? Or correct me if I was wrong?

Any insight is appreciated!

Use Combatant Choice: The player can select the combatant that chooses the next action.
If disabled, the player can't select combatants and the order is predetermined by the 'Combatant Order' settings.
  • edited April 2017
    Yeah, I don't think click selection currently works for the phase combatant selection, will look into that :)

Edit: Click selection during phase combatant selection works, but requires the selection to be displayed.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks for the insights, @gamingislove!

Could you give out more details on how to achieve it? E.g. taking the game tutorial project as example, what is the major steps to make it happen? And I think it could be very helpful from a long term perspective if you can make it as a tutorial; as click selection is more preferable/intuitive way to play on a mobile device.

Once again, thanks for your helps. :)
  • You have to use the Mouse/Touch Control settings in the battle settings (target selection) to allow selecting combatants by clicking on them. Make sure your combatants are on the layer defind by the layer mask, or they wont be found by the click.

Once these settings are correct, selecting a combatant in the phase combatant selection via click will be possible automatically, but you'll have to use the combatant choice, as otherwise the combatants would be selected automatically.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!