edited April 2017 in ORK Support
i've set up a new ability, which is very much like the "Mug Sword" from the demo game, except that this will be a magic attack to steal items from combatants, and apply a status effect at the same time

i've experimented (unsuccessfully) with various combinations and permutations of these, but currently the settings are:

"Steal Chance" is set to 100% for the ability

the test player character has a higher level, and class level, than any of the other combatants

the combatants have items to steal (and indeed those items are collected when the combatants are defeated in the normal course of things)

"Default Use Range" is set in Battle Settings to "None", and is not overridden by the ability

i'm using turn-based battles and "Battle Gains" are set to "Collect Immediately"

sooooo, go into battle, use the ability, and, every single time it says in the top info bar: "Player Fails to Steal" (although, no further info in the console)

the ability has a status effect, which is correctly applied, but i can't for the life of me get the Steal to work

(as a small p.s. if i also check "Steal Money" with a 100% chance and a specified amount, then it says "Player Steals Coins" when the ability is applied in battle. however, the specified amount does not appear in the player's inventory when the battle is over)

this has been driving me nuts over the last couple of days, so any advice would be more than welcome. i'm guessing that there must be something else affecting the outcome, but i really can't think what it might be

Post edited by HarryOminous on
  • Check your enemy combatant's Steal Settings - you have to enable that stuff can be stolen from a combatant.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • oddly enough, at almost this exact moment, i'd come here to say that i'd just stumbled on the combatants' steal settings, and that once those were correctly set, then the ability worked as expected

thanks for the reply