edited April 2017 in ORK Support
(i think this is a bug, but i'm loathe to report it as such in case it's just a case of me getting the wrong end of the stick, as usual)

anyhoo: after some battles i want the defeated NPCs to remain in the scene, but i want their Character Controllers disabled, so they don't block the player from moving around

i've tried adding an "Enable Component" (with enable set to false, obviously) in the "Battle End Victory" event, for Actor/Enemy Group, but that does nothing (although, if i try disabling a component on the Actor/Player Group, it has the expected effect, i.e. it does disable the component)

i've got around the problem by disabling the component in the Battle Death event, for Actor = User, and checking that the actor is not player controlled (because i don't want to remove the Character Controller for party members, who might later need to be revived), and that works as expected, so really it's just a question of a) if it's actually a bug and not just a feature, and b) if you think it's worth doing anything about...
Post edited by HarryOminous on
  • Not a bug - defeated enemies are not available in the battle end event, because they're defeated and no longer part of the battle afterwards :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • ok, fair enough

so, what if you wanted to... i dunno... revive the enemy group or something (as a kind of jump scare), presumably you wouldn't be able to do that in this event either?
  • Well, if they're dead and still in the scene (i.e. using the options to not destroy the spawned prefab), you can use the Search Combatants node to search for all dead combatants and do whatever you want with them :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • thanks, yeah, i might try that, because i'm quite taken with the idea of reviving combatants at the end of a battle (probably a boss battle), just when the player's dancing around celebrating victory

"SO PUNY MORTAL. YOU THOUGHT IT WQULD BE THAT EASY? WELL, THINK AGAIN! MWAHAHAHAHAH"

or, something...