edited April 2014 in Announcements
And here it is: release notes

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since I'll be on vacation next week, I'll roll out a quick update this Sunday or next Monday ... but it'll still contain awesome new stuff :D

So far we've got:
  • Formulas
    All formula selections throughout the framework now have an additional field to set an Initial Value that will be passed to the formula. The formula will start calculation based on that value - the start value defined in the formula will be calculated to the initial value depending on the (also new) operator in the formula settings.
    E.g. useful to have the same formula for multiple abilities, but different results due to other initial values.
  • Portraits for Abilities, Items, Currencies, Weapons, Armors and Crafting Recipes
    The portraits can be displayed in menu screens when selecting an ability, item, currency, ...
    The different menu screens now have a Show Portraits option.
  • GUI Boxes
    The choice settings now have a Show Button setting.
    When disabled, the choices wont display a button around their content (but are still buttons, i.e. pressable).
  • Abilities
    Advanced cast time settings allow using formulas, game variables and other sources for the cast time.
  • Shop Layouts
    The item list can have a separate layout for the back button, e.g. useful if you're using custom info display (like adding a currency icon to the price).
  • Game Controls
    The Member Change Keys now have advanced settings to allow switching the player in different battle system types.
  • Interactions
    Trigger enter/exit, key press and drop can now optionally be started even when the player control is blocked (e.g. during an event).
  • Main Menu
    The main menu can display a portrait - and optionally each menu item can display a different portrait when selected.
  • Battle Menus
    Again - portraits :D
    You can optionally display the portrait of a selected item, equipment of ability.
    Additionally, you can also display the portrait of a selected target or command target.
Post edited by gamingislove on
Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited April 2014
    Woot! :D

Initial Values will save me an absolute ton of room on formulas.
    The Portraits will be super handy, can already think of a lot of things to use them for!
    And of course the Interaction tweak is much appreciated!

Hope you have a nice vacation, as well. :)

Post edited by Kirb on
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • Awesome!
    Have a fun and relaxing vacation, GiL, where ever you may go.
  • Also coming:
    • Main Menu
      The main menu can display a portrait - and optionally each menu item can display a different portrait when selected.
    • Battle Menus
      Again - portraits :D
      You can optionally display the portrait of a selected item, equipment of ability.
      Additionally, you can also display the portrait of a selected target or command target.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • And here it is: release notes
  • Very nice :)
  • I just returned from a small vacation myself! Thanks a ton for the update, looks like a good one! And enjoy your well-deserved vacation as well. :)
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • Awesome, the advanced cast times look like they'll be really handy :)
  • Ooh, pretty sure I can make awesome use of the advanced Reuse After settings.

Have a great vacation!
    twitter.com/JellyPaladin
  • Thanks, will definitely enjoy it :)

I'll be back in office next Monday, but probably already around on Saturday.
    Also, will try to drop by once each day and answer some questions (and get rid of spam :D).
  • edited April 2014
    Hope you enjoyed your vacation. I didn't know you were on vacation as I haven't gotten to using ORK 2 yet. So while I download all the new updates, I usually don't come here to the ORK 2 area to see what's going on.

If I knew you were on vacation, I wouldn't have asked so many questions in the ORK 1 forum but I found some answers myself I think which is good. : )

I am generally very happy with the game I created with ORK1 but now I have some very long-time game players with experience in playing many rpg games testing my game and I expect some comments I may need help with. But so far, everything is working really well even though I am still using ORK1. : ) I'm enjoying playing the game and others are also enjoying.

I learned a lot thanks to your vacation just because I had to try to do some things on my own. : )

That doesn't mean I don't need you. : )

It just means what I need to do is already there. I just usually have to figure it out. : )
    Post edited by Catacomber on
  • Hey GiL, How was that vacation? Do you feel recharged?
  • Vacation was great, extended it for a bit so I'm back in office one day late :D

I'm currently quite flooded with emails and stuff (and my PS4 finally arrived :D), next update will probably be ready by the end of next week!