edited May 2017 in ORK Support
I'm following along with the tutorial. I have go to the step HUD ELEMENTS. I had no problem adding the status HUD element.
The next steps are EMPTY and ASSIGNED SLOT DISPLAY settings. I don't see them anywhere. Am I just overlooking them?

I'm on Unity 5.5 with ORK 2.11.0

EDIT: As always, I find the settings after posting here. :)
Post edited by keyboardcowboy on
  • There's been a change in ORK 2.11.0 - you can now define general layout settings in Menus > Shortcut Settings for all HUDs, while each HUD can optionally override them :)
    The tutorial hasn't been updated yet to match that change.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Yep, found those new settings about a minute after I posted this the other day.

Just playing around with skill bars for the first time. After watching @dlevel
  • edited August 2017
    I have created a skillbar using the tutorial awhile back. Now it is using the new Menus > Shortcut Settings. After upgrading to in 2.13.0, abilities no longer fill "Default Shortcut Assignments" slots. Armors, Weapons, Items, etc work fine. "Default Auto Add Slots" works fine with abilities, but adding abilities to "Default Shortcut Assignments" do not display the ability in the skillbar.
    Post edited by rpgee on
  • I can confirm this. With the 2.13.0 upgrade, Abilities specified in "Default Shortcut Assignments" do not show up in the skillbar.

I can assign them just fine, and they are still in the skillbar if I save the game and re-load it.
  • @gamingislove - Also, weapon shortcuts on the skillbar are behaving strangely.

Of the Weapon Shortcuts that are specified in "Default Shortcut Assignments", the ones that are designated as the combatant's equipped items in Starting Equipment stay on the skillbar when equipped and unequipped. The other weapons disappear from the skillbar when equipped, and then do not reappear on the skillbar when unequipped. Armor doesn't do this, just weapons.

This also happens if I clear all Default Shortcut Assignments and just drag weapons to the skillbar in-game. Shortcuts for weapons that are equipped at the start stay in the skillbar as they are equipped and unequipped, while weapons that were not equipped at the start disappear from the skillbar and do not reappear when unequipped -- I have to drag them back to the skillbar manually.

If I recall correctly, weapon shortcuts used to disappear from the skillbar slot when equipped, and then reappear in that slot when unequipped.

I kind of like that they stay in the assigned skillbar slot when equipped... using that slot again could unequip the item. (But that doesn't happen right now)
  • Will investigate.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!