edited May 2017 in ORK Support
i dunno if this has only just started happening, or if it's always been there and i've only just come across it

anyway: most of my battles take place on other screens, but occasionally they occur in-place, and when that happens i leave the bodies lying around, just for show

today i noticed that when the player party approaches the dead NPCs then the NPCs go into Idle mode, thus appearing to revive, rather spookily

i originally thought that what was happening was that their Move AI continued to function even after the Battle ended and even though they were dead, because if i added a Block Move AI step to the Battle Start event then it seemed to stop them from "reviving"

however, i've just now seen some NPCs pop up again after battle, even with their Move AI blocked, so i guess the problem may be more subtle
Post edited by HarryOminous on
  • edited May 2017
    my current fix is to completely remove the NavMeshAgent Component from all Enemy Combatants at the start of any battle

i dunno why exactly but that seems to stop them popping back into Idle mode after the battle has ended

it has the undesirable side-effect that some of them (depending on which prefab happens to be active at the time) start the battle hovering slightly above the ground (even if they have the Place on Ground Component attached), until they make their first battle move

but, yanno... something something something...
    Post edited by HarryOminous on
  • I'll look into it - so enemy combatant dies, prefab is kept and when you go near it again it moves/animates?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • yup, that's exactly what happens

i'm pretty sure it's when the party approaches that the dead NPC changes to its Idle Animation, but there's a chance that it might be a time-dependent thing too

some other things that might possibly be useful to know:

-all the actors use Mecanim
    -none of the death anims are looped (i.e. they play to their last frame and stay there - there's no specific "Death Pose" animation state)
    -the NPCs all use NavMesh driven Move AI
    -the NPCs "know" they're dead, i.e. Dead is True in their Combatant Component
    -the problem happened even after i'd specifically set "Block Move AI" in the Start Battle event

however, since i've applied that fix of removing the Enemy Group's NavMesh Components at the start of each battle, i've not seen the problem happen at all today
  • edited May 2017
    In case it occurs again, try adding an Auto Animation node (disabling auto animations) to the combatant's death event before stopping the animations.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • ok, wilco, thanks gil