edited May 2017 in ORK Support
This was working fine for me in Unity 5.5 and ORK 2.10.1; after updating to Unity 5.6 and ORK 2.11.2, the AI characters don't move properly on the grid.

I have the movement speed set to Walk, and yet they run (the player characters respect the walking speed). They'll keep moving until they hit something; if it's another character, they'll push that character a bit and gradually slow down (but dramatically overshooting their destination cell). If they hit a static object, they'll keep moving against it.

However, the grid thinks that they are occupying the cell that they are supposed to.

Did anything change in 2.11.2 that requires other grid-related configuration to change? I'm not sure why the player characters behave properly but the enemies don't. I did check the "Move towards target" Battle AI and I've tried setting the target cell to Nearest, Front, Right, etc and it doesn't make any difference.
Post edited by Keldryn on
  • Hm ... there's been no change that could result in this behaviour.

How are you moving the combatants on the grid? Sounds like there's something wrong in the movement node. If you're using NavMesh for movement, you might need to rebake it due to the changes in Unity 5.6.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • NavMesh is fine... It's a new scene with a simple battle grid. I'm just using your gridMoveCommand event and I don't think I changed anything.

Guess I'll have to reimport the demo assets and try it out with the egg people and a gridMoveCommand that I can be certain wasn't modified.
  • Oops. I figured out the problem... somehow, the Animator component on my enemy prefab ended up having "Use Root Motion" checked. Must have clicked on it by accident when the editor lagged or froze up for a second.