edited May 2017 in ORK Support
as well as normal scene linkages via Scene Changers, i've recently added a set of scene linkages via ladder objects

the ladders each have a "Do you want to climb me?" question, and if the player answers Yes, then they're taken to a new map via a Load Scene event

i pass in the name of the new Location (string), and the new Location's Spawn Id (float), via Object Variables

because there's no option for using Object Variables in the Load Scene event, i first convert the Object Variables to Global Variables (using "Variable to Variable")

in the Load Scene event i tick "Is Variable" and give it the new Location Global Variable name, and i select Target Type = "Variable", and give that the Spawn Id Global Variable name

when the event executes, it takes the Player Party to the correct new scene, but it doesn't use the Spawn Id, the party are placed elsewhere on the map (at 0,0,0)

if i hardcode the Spawn Id (i.e. set Target Type = "Spawn Id" and give it an appropriate number), then everything works as expected, the Party spawns at the correct place in the new scene

as always, any help or suggestions much appreciated
Post edited by HarryOminous on
  • The Variable target type doesn't use a float variable as a spawn ID, it uses a Vector3 variable as position.
    There's currently no way to use a spawn ID from variable :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • ah, thanks

now you've mentioned it i can see that the Help clearly states that the variable target type takes a vector3, and not a float, as i'd just blindly assumed

as moving the player party to a spawn point rather than to a specified position is a little more flexible in terms of level design, i'll probably end up hardcoding a series of checks, and then move them to the correct spawn point that way

(and next time i'll try and read the Help text a little more carefully first)