edited June 2017 in ORK Support
i want to give certain enemy combatants the edge of a turn start in battles, so i've added an extra "Check Game Variables" step into the Turn Calculation formula, to add a large amount to the returned value if they have a certain boolean variable checked in their Object Variable Settings, thus ensuring that they go first

after repeat testing, i'm pretty sure that bit's working ok (i.e. go into battle and any enemy that has that flag checked, has the first go in the battle)

but when i test the formula, setting the test combatant to be one of the NPCs that i know has that flag checked, and then pressing "Calculate" to check the value, it never returns the high value

it's not a great big deal, because, like i say, in actual gameplay the check seems to be assessed correctly, it was just a bit confusing at first, because it didn't look like it was going to work
Post edited by HarryOminous on
  • That's simply due to the fact that testing in the editor doesn't have a game object for the combatant, i.e. no object variables :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • ok, fair enough. i'd assumed it would have taken the values as defined in Combatants/Object Value Settings, which would have precluded the need to use a game object