• edited September 2017
    This is exactly how I change the status values and it works fine with the check/change variable nodes, I have stored my new weapon with the new stats, but the problem is on the gameobject that I enable (the Effect) on the prefab, with the Activate Object Node.

This is what I tried:

Activate Node with no Selected Data (spawns Effect but after unequip/equip its deactivated again):
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Activate Node:

With this selected data (doesnt spawn the effect gameobject at all

And this Selected data (doesnt spawn the effect gameobject at all
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Activate Node:

with this selected data(Spawns effect gameobject but after unequip/equip its deactivated again): image

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

btw the Reset Combatant Status fixed my refresh problem.

Post edited by dlevel on
  • The effects are naturally not there after the weapon has been unequipped and reequipped, because the spawned prefab will be destroyed. You could try having an autostart event doing the whole effect stuff on the prefab itself, that way it'd do that whenever the prefab is spawned.

Also, as I already said, you can't get the spawned weapons prefab from the selected data of the equipment, i.e. using selected data equipment to change game object stuff will never work :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited September 2017
    edit: NVM, just needed to select the weapon again from selected data. It works, awesome :) leaving the rest of the post here maybe someone finds it useful, the correct process is that in the first picture, it misses a Select Equipment node with weapon selected.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I started an autostart event on the prefab, with check game variables with these settings:

and this is where I store the variable in the battle event (works tested on the enchant it self)

here is the selectedWeapon data

Post edited by dlevel on
  • edited September 2017
    Also can we have a change selected equipment name node? So we can change the name of the enchanted weapon from mithril sword to fire mithril sword for example? So we go like fire + selectedequipment name

And would be very nice if we had selected data on Text codes :)

Another small problem, how do I erase the save game in-editor? I have load enabled when I press play in unity
    Post edited by dlevel on
  • You'll have to manually delete save games - depending on your OS they're stored in different locations on your computer.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Windows 10 :D Again I m talking about editor not the build.

Also a quick question about scrolling, I have a scrolling bar (new ui) which works fine, but I want to disable the scrolling inside the window (when dragging something it scroll the whole content box)
  • Yeah, editor and build both save to the same location, i.e. standard Unity save location for files (usually somewhere in the user data, based on the game/company name you define in Unity).

I'll look into it - but sounds like standard Unity scrolling behaviour :)
  • edited September 2017
    thank you! also would like a word on selected data names and text codes, if are possible with some workarounds maybe :)
    Post edited by dlevel on
  • That's a no on both currently - you can only rename combatants, not items or equipment, and there are no text codes related to selected data.
  • edited September 2017
    Ok thank you GIL.

Another problem (maybe not ork related so just ignore it if its not related at all) I have is with big enemies that I m stuck "inside" them (well that sounded weird). The box colliders are in place, but when I m running towards them, some times I m able to pass through them. Any idea what that might cause it? Both enemies and player use Rigidbody, kinematic disabled (should I enable it?) player has gravity enabled, monsters not.

12) How to change the anchor of the icon inside the box so it goes to the middle?
    I use change Icon size to make it smaller but cannot make it to go to the center. And is there any way to not affect the Tabs icons when changing the Icon Size in the gui box?

Post edited by dlevel on
  • Enabling kinematic on the rigidbodies depends on how you want it to work. Turned on will block the game object from being shoved around through physics (e.g. pushing it away by running into it).

12) Is this for a shortcut HUD or a menu screen?
  • edited September 2017
    Menu Screen, Inventory to be exact. I m trying to use the New Mark system and I have a box as button and want to be bigger than the icon to be vissible, so i have the icon with smaller pixels to be able to see the button. But then the icon anchors in upper left, i want it in middle center
    Post edited by dlevel on
  • Well, the Padding setting in the choice settings would be best to have the button bigger than the displayed content.
    For centering, make sure to set the various alignments to Center and Middle.

If that doesn't help, try setting the content layout in the menus to Custom and use the icon text code (%i) to display the icon.

As for the tab icons using a different size, you'll have to set that up in the menu screen part Type Content Layout.
  • 2) about Custom Interaction markers. Weird but I cannot make the marker to work. I have a workbench event with interaction type custom, and custom type Workbench, same on the custom HUD that works fine, but on the navigation bar, I use custom type Workbench and range 200, and I cannot have it on my navigation bar. Any thoughts?
  • edited October 2017
    13) I am refining the move AIs, and I am trying to make the mob hunt me for 120-130 meters from starting location and the go back, I m using the hunting range, having 130 and a 10 threshold, but what it does it chases me for this long and then stops, and never going back to "base".

edit: nvm, its my local navmesh build that I use on mobs. increasing the distance navmesh builds works.

Also is there an option that could reset the base position so if it starts to go back and you damage it again, to start from there chasing you for 120 meters, because now, someone can abuse this and get in 130 meters with a ranged shot and kill the mob without getting touched (mob keeps going back and forth).
    Post edited by dlevel on