@GIL, or anyone else that might know the answer:

According to the description, an Attack Status effect can automatically change status effects on a combatant that is targeted by an ability or item.

I added an attack status effect to a weapon. I set the Hit Chance to 100% but I never see the status applied to the target. I added the same attack status effect to an ability and set the hit chance for the status effect to 100%. When I used the ability, the effect was applied to the target.

Perhaps I misunderstood how the attack status effect is to be used with a weapon? What I would like to happen is certain weapons have a % chance for this effect to be applied when used - if you ever played EverQuest, think of weapon procs during combat. If this isn't how these were meant to be used with weapons, I can utilize the attack ability associated with the weapon instead.

Thanks as always
  • The base attack ability (or whatever is used to perform the attack) has to have Use Attack Effects enabled in order to apply them. This is turned on the Target Changes of the ability (and the other status changes, e.g. critical target changes or user changes, etc.).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I don't think I explained it very well :)

It isn't the ability that I want the effect to work from (which it does by the way), it's a weapon. I added it under Status Effect Settings -> Attack Status Effects
    I set the Hit Chance to 100% for testing. The effect is never applied to my target.

It works fine when using an ability.
  • Yeah, you explained that good enough :)

The attack/defence status effects of equipment (or other features) aren't applied automatically. They require an ability or item to do status changes to the user or target and have using attack/defence effects enabled.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!