I have a footstep asset, Footsteps Scene Designer Pro, which adds a texture/tag-based footstep detection to animation controllers. For it to function, it attaches a Rigid Body component to player prefabs (filled with the default settings) but with "Use Gravity" on and "Is Kinematic" off.

I've discovered this throws off stationary ORK cameras that are under a camera event and tied to empty objects for their position. It causes a violent flickering as if the camera is being rendered twice until the player exits the trigger area associated with that camera event.

Also, the Rigid Body causes the player to fall through terrain during battles.

Turning Is Kinematic on causes the problem to stop completely but also renders the footstep script useless.

Is there possibly some way to stop the camera jitter if this Rigid Body is attached?
  • EDIT: I found that the main culprit in Camera Events is the "Update Position" setting which causes the vibrating camera. Turning this off stops that if the player's rigidbody is set to "Use Gravity."

However, "Use Gravity" causes the player to fall through terrain during battles still, so only partially solved this.
  • EDIT: So, after lots of tinkering, I kinda got around this. I'm putting my workarounds here for anyone who might come across this problem if using the Footsteps Scene Designer Pro asset.

FSDP won't function without a Rigidbody attached to the player prefab. The Rigidbody turns on "Use Gravity" which conflicts with ORK Camera Events that are set to "Update Position."

This causes several issues including camera jittering, falling through the world and resetting the main camera position after opening/closing a UI menu which results in a severe zoom from below the world to the player's new position.

- Camera Jittering - Partial Solution: Turning off "Update Position" stops the camera double rendering/jittering issue.

- UI Open/Close Camera Reset: Setting Menus > Menu Screens > Pause Settings and turning on all the pause functions stops this zoom/reset.

- Falling Through World: In any event which places the player prefab, the Rigidbody causes the player to drop through the world since the Rigidbody overrides the Character Controller's collisions.

Step One: I added a "Change Fields" node as the second node in my simpleStart event with the following settings:

Step Two: I added a "Change Fields" node as the next-to-last node in my simpleVictory event with the following settings:

This temporarily solves my issues so I can use Footsteps Pro with ORK for now.

Hope this helps anyone in the future who might need it!