Hi, newbie here :) so sorry if my question will sound stupid.

I created a scene that will serve as a battleground, where the player will be taken to during random battles. For testing purposes, I made it the starting scene and added the gamestarter to that scene. Unfortunately, combatants do not spawn. Only an allyspot spawns despite the fact that the default battlespots are two for allies and one for enemies. I also assigned the combatants to the battle component.

Any possible things I missed?
How will ork recognize that a prefab is valid? It is in 2d by the way.
Thanks!
  • edited November 2017
    For a battle to automatically start when loading the scene, use the Autostart start type in the Battle component's settings. You might also want to add a short delay by setting Start After to e.g. 1 (for 1 second) when testing this with quick game testing.

For your actual in-game battles (i.e. not testing in the battle scene), check out this gameplay tutorial for having battles take place in a different scene.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks for the quick reply :) I just came back to working on the game again. The battle is in autostart. The same error as before happens. I also keep on getting this erroreverytime I play the scene. Once again, many thanks!

MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'UnityEngine.Transform.SetPositionAndRotation'.
    ORKFramework.GroupSpots.SetSpot (GroupAdvantageType advantage, UnityEngine.Transform arenaTransform, UnityEngine.Transform spotTransform)
    ORKFramework.BattleSpotsSettings.SetAllySpot (Int32 index, GroupAdvantageType advantage, UnityEngine.Transform arenaTransform, UnityEngine.Transform spotTransform)
    ORKFramework.Behaviours.BattleComponent.SetNextAllySpot (ORKFramework.Combatant combatant, GroupAdvantageType advantage)
    ORKFramework.Battle.Join (ORKFramework.Combatant combatant)
    ORKFramework.Battle.Join (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 list)
    ORKFramework.Behaviours.BattleComponent.AddTeamToBattle (Int32 index)
    ORKFramework.Behaviours.BattleComponent.StartBattle ()
    ORKFramework.Behaviours.BattleComponent.StartEvent (UnityEngine.GameObject startingObject)
    ORKFramework.Behaviours.BaseInteraction+d__40.MoveNext ()
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/Coroutines.cs:17)
  • What's your Unity version? SetPositionAndRotation is in there since Unity 5.6 (the lowest version supported by the current ORK version).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • It's 5.5.0f3. I see. That's the reason why things are not going as expected. I haven't updated in a while. Anyway thanks man! That's cool. I sure hope you get more supporters, customers and patrons.