edited April 2014 in Announcements
And here's the bugfix version, including some nice additions: release notes

Beside the new battle event steps to directly calculate an ability/item outcome (without the action even being the ability/item), the combatant settings have be rearranged for a cleaner experience :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

And here it is: release nots

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The next version is in development, and there are already some gems to announce:
  • Combatants and Equipment
    Combatants can optionally override the equipment settings of their class.
    This allows you to make the equipment combatant based and share classes along multiple combatants with different equipment.
  • Abilities, Items and Damage Dealers
    You can optionally animate damage dealers when hitting a damage zone using Battle Events.
    The Damage Dealer Settings in abilities and items now have the option to animate the damage dealer (pretty much the same as animating abilities/items). The events will perform when a damage dealer hits a damage zone - keep in mind that you'll need at least one calculate step in the events when animating :)
  • Damage Zones
    You can now play an audio clip or sound type when a damage dealer hits a damage zone. The setting is made in the damage zone's inspector.
  • Equipment Viewers
    Advanced material settings in the equipment viewer's inspector.
    You can optionally use the renderer of a different object, and optionally set the index of the material (if you're using a renderer with multiple materials).
  • Custom Controls
    The custom control settings are now separated from player/camera controls. You can select on which object (player or camera) they're added, and when they'll be blocked (player/camera control block).
    Your old settings will be converted upon loading :)
  • Placement of Objects
    You can now optionally set the scale when placing/mounting objects throughout the entire framework.
    E.g. spawn prefab step, cursor positions, etc.
  • Value Input and Game Options
    The field name is now multi-lingual - totally overlooked that :D
  • Quantity Selections
    Options to hide the quantity selection buttons, but still use the input keys to change the quantity.
    New text codes to display the inventory money - total price and inventory money + total price.
  • Battle Events
    New actors are available in battle events.
    You can now use the User Group, Target Groups, All Allies, All Enemies and All Combatants as actors, leading to a bunch of new possibilities for battles.
  • Battle Events: Change Action Targets
    The new Change Action Targets step allows you to add/remove combatants to the action's targets, or clear the targets completely.
  • Menu Screens, Item Boxes: Description Box
    The description box now offers more text codes to display information in the title, and you can use a custom text to display the description (also using text codes).
    Until now you could only display the text of the choice in the title (%n), now you can also add information about the content a choice represents (e.g. an item, ability, etc.).
  • Inspector: Combatant Component
    The inspector of the Combatant Component (the component linking a combatant to a game object) now displays more information on the combatant's battle stats and action status.
  • Event System: Found Objects
    There's a new type of object available (beside actor, waypoint and prefab) - Found Objects.
  • Event System: Search Objects Step
    This new step searches for game objects in the scene and adds or removes them from the event's found objects list. Optionally the whole list can be cleared.
    Searching for objects uses the same settings as when searching for actors (which also received an update).
  • Game Events: Actors/Waypoints
    Searching for actors/waypoints can now be limited for a defined range around the event object (e.g. the user of an action, the game object with the event interaction).
  • Combatants: Experience Rewards
    The experience reward settings can now use advanced values - e.g. a game variable or formula.
Post edited by gamingislove on
Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Oh man, being able to trigger animations with damage dealers is gonna be so awesome, I can't wait! Thanks!
  • Looking great! I take it that with the Calculation requirement, DD animations will not work with Always On?
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • @Kirb
    They'll work - since the always on (environmental) damage dealers also require a combatant, there's nothing preventing them from working :)

Another new feature:
    • Equipment Viewers
      Advanced material settings in the equipment viewer's inspector.
      You can optionally use the renderer of a different object, and optionally set the index of the material (if you're using a renderer with multiple materials).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Good to know, thanks. :D
  • The equipment settings should be useful. I've been controlling them primarily through equip requirements and a series of hidden status values... Probably still will, actually, but I'm sure I'll have marginal cases where a combatant-specific override will help. :D
    twitter.com/JellyPaladin
  • edited April 2014
    Other small updates:
    • Custom Controls
      The custom control settings are now separated from player/camera controls. You can select on which object (player or camera) they're added, and when they'll be blocked (player/camera control block).
      Your old settings will be converted upon loading :)
    • Placement of Objects
      You can now optionally set the scale when placing/mounting objects throughout the entire framework.
      E.g. spawn prefab step, cursor positions, etc.
    • Value Input and Game Options
      The field name is now multi-lingual - totally overlooked that :D
    • Quantity Selections
      Options to hide the quantity selection buttons, but still use the input keys to change the quantity.
      New text codes to display the inventory money - total price and inventory money + total price.
  • Woot! Thank you, sir.
  • New and exciting stuff:
    • Battle Events
      New actors are available in battle events.
      You can now use the User Group, Target Groups, All Allies, All Enemies and All Combatants as actors, leading to a bunch of new possibilities for battles.
    • Battle Events: Change Action Targets
      The new Change Action Targets step allows you to add/remove combatants to the action's targets, or clear the targets completely.
    • Menu Screens, Item Boxes: Description Box
      The description box now offers more text codes to display information in the title, and you can use a custom text to display the description (also using text codes).
      Until now you could only display the text of the choice in the title (%n), now you can also add information about the content a choice represents (e.g. an item, ability, etc.).
    • Inspector: Combatant Component
      The inspector of the Combatant Component (the component linking a combatant to a game object) now displays more information on the combatant's battle stats and action status.
  • Ooh, I'm liking those new battle event changes. :D

And many thanks for the Description Box changes, having a bunch of text codes available in there is unbelievably useful.
  • Does the first Battle Event addition mean ally combo attacks are possible?! Whoa...

And about the second battle addition, does that mean I can make a combatant untargetable when using an ability, like if they dig under ground or something?
  • Really interesting battle additions on both counts.
    twitter.com/JellyPaladin
  • edited April 2014
    But wait, there's more - while we're at useful additions to the event system, here's the really interesting stuff:
    • Event System: Found Objects
      There's a new type of object available (beside actor, waypoint and prefab) - Found Objects.
    • Event System: Search Objects Step
      This new step searches for game objects in the scene and adds or removes them from the event's found objects list. Optionally the whole list can be cleared.
      Searching for objects uses the same settings as when searching for actors (which also received an update).
    • Game Events: Actors/Waypoints
      Searching for actors/waypoints can now be limited for a defined range around the event object (e.g. the user of an action, the game object with the event interaction).
    • Combatants: Experience Rewards
      The experience reward settings can now use advanced values - e.g. a game variable or formula.
    This brings a lot of new possibilities - like in an event searching for all game objects with a Rigidbody around an actor and use an explosion force on them, or searching for all objects named Door and deactivate them :)

@Griffin
    Haven't thought about that stuff, but yeah, could be doable :)
  • And here it is: release nots
  • Ooh, the found objects sounds like a great addition!

Just got home, checking it out now. :D
  • @GiL: Man, that would be freaking awesome. A game changer indeed!