• Hey, I might know what causes your problem because I had the same with xp. I think your battle outcome gives 0 xp, and the reason might be you set it up to divide among total combatants. If the total result is smaller than 1, then it will give 0 xp, and there will be no battle gains. So for instance you got 2 slimes (of course) that give each 1 xp each, but you have 3 combatants... this will give 0 xp.
  • Hm, yeah ... that might be an issue ... I'll look into it to at least give 1 xp in that case.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • @UserName thanks for that little tidbit. I'll make sure I'm not ending up with 0xp given and see if that solves the problem.
  • A little more information if it helps any GIL:

The ORK HANDLER script shows In Battle: True
    In script, using ORK.Battle.InBattle shows false.
    I have a script that references ORK. I added an input key code to end the battle when the game gets "stuck". I was expecting ORK.Battle.InBattle to be true. Does this work differently than the ORK Handler script?
  • The inspector isn't constantly updated, only when you e.g. click on it (or scroll in it).
    The 0 exp when splitting will be changed in the next update.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Ah. I'm not splitting XP.

Still trying to figure out how to reproduce in a repro project.

In my actual project, I was play testing last night. I went through 27 straight fights without the issue cropping up. Then, stopped the game; restarted the game, first fight and the issue reared its ugly head. It has been really difficult to nail down due to
    1. No clue what conditions are being met to cause the issue
    2. It seems so random.

FYI: these are all from new game starts. I have not tested a save game to see if the issue persists there.
  • Update: I found a solution to my problem (never figured out the issue though).

In my BattleEnd event for VICTORY, I had the WAIT checked for the battle gains window. I unchecked that and that solved the issue. I confirmed it did not affect any subsequent battles. They worked fine after that.

So, I guess go ahead "close" this ticket.
  • Hm, that's very strange ... Wait just makes the event wait for the battle gains dialogue to be closed before continuing and shouldn't interfere with displaying the dialogue.
  • I had that one problem too lol. The cause was that I put a wait node while ork time scale was 0, so it waited forever. Maybe check if another event sets time scale to 0 while your battle end event pops up.
  • edited April 2018
    Oh, yeah ... time scale 0 and wait nodes (or nodes waiting) will wait forever :D
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • It's because it wasn't showing the dialog for whatever reason. So, unticking the wait, allows the game to continue. From the player's perspective, it appears no loot was found. Since, I don't show the amount of XP earned, it's not hurting anything and is acceptable for me.