edited November 2013 in ORK Support
Are real time battles supported in the beta yet?

The enemies keep running back to their spawn point after each attack. And then chase the player again. Over and over. Have I missed something?
  • Yes, real time battles are already supported, but how they're animated (e.g. if the combatants are running toward their target and back to their battle spot) depends on the battle events you use to animate your abilities and items.

This tutorial describes how to set up a simple attack animation using multiple battle events (one to run to the target, one to attack and one to return to the battle spot). When adding those events to your attack ability, you can select for each event in what battle systems they'll be used. This way you can have the combatant run to the target and back in Turn Based Battles and not run around in Real Time Battles.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Looks really good so far, I love it I tried creating a battle using only allies and enemies fighting each other while the player is considered friendly to both. But I cant seem to get it to start. I tried using autostart to get it going but that doesn't seem to do the trick.

I also tried using an event to spawn them but that wasn't the ticket either.
  • Yeah ... battles only start when there is at least one enemy of the player :)

This may become possible once the option for always real time battle in field mode is implemented.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I'd really look forward to that sort of implementation. I'm thinking of a mmorpg simulation game of sorts. With allies forming a group of ai players and enemies simulating the mobs. The ally players will go out and exp on their own. Etc etc...

So, I hope some sort of field battles can be implemented in the future. I like the events system and your abilities implementation. Great work so far, thanks!