edited April 2014 in ORK Support
Greetings,

I just added the MMO RPG Controller from the Unity Asset Store and is working great. The issue I'm having is two fold. 1.) I cannot click any menu items such as items in the store menu, abilities in the battle menus and so on. 2.) The camera itself is not blocked during turn based or active time battles. I'm not sure which settings I'm missing. Just fyi - I had to make a new layer for the player called 'Player' at least according to the documentation for the controller. I set the player back to 'TranspartFX' thinking that might be it but no change in the menu selection. Not sure where I should be looking.

Thanks!
  • Probably the camera controls are using up the clicks in code, so they wont be used anywhere else - can't really tell why that's happening without a test project.

If the camera isn't blocked, check your battle system type's settings in the Battle System section. Or, if the camera control isn't blocked anywhere (e.g. in control blocking events), you probably need to set it up correctly in the custom controls in Base/Control > Game Controls (e.g. correctly spelling the script name, is it placed on a child of the camera, etc.).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks so much for the reply GiL. I contacted the controller's developer and he was very helpful - like GiL :) - and had me comment out the code related to Screen.lockCursor = true;. That allowed access to the game menus. The camera is still not being blocked in combat. I'm still working on it. But I wanted to report my progress and relay that is was in the controller code. My camera issue may be there as well.
  • Thanks to your email the problem is now clear - the camera controls are placed on the player, not the camera.
    I'll add an option to support that in the next update :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Excellent! I'm glad it helped :)