Hey! It's been a while. I've been doing a lot of work on my game but not much in ORK specifically lately. But just now I've hit upon a roadblock.
I would like to change the runSpeed value of the player controller in one of my scenes.

I accomplished this by using the Change Fields node, however it only works if I have deselected Use Combatant Speed in the Game Controls. But when I do this, the speed sets at 2 in every scene unless I specify otherwise.

Unless I have missed where that value of 2 is set, there doesn't seem to be a way around this. Am I correct? Or can I alter the default value of 2 somewhere?

Alternatively, is there an event node I missed that changes the runSpeed without going into the component?

Thanks!
Olive Branches ~ in development ~ now with a WEBSITE!!!
  • Oh, I just realised you can control the speeds with variables. I should be able to come up with a fix now.
  • ...Or not. The speed doesn't update when the variable changes. Help? :(
  • Another way would be to change the run speed of the combatant within ORK, it's at the bottom of the combatant settings, you can put a formula instead of a value, or a variable.
  • I have tried using a variable, but it doesn't seem to update when the variable changes?
  • What exactly is your current setup?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!