I think i like ork a lot. It looks similar to the rpg maker xp system that i loved. But i havent seen any guns for real time conbat, only swords, sticks, clubs, base ball bats. But is it possible to make guns, bows, throwing stars, phasers etc?
  • Sure, that's possible.
    It works similar to swords (using damage dealers and damage zones), but you need to spawn a prefab (e.g. bullet, arrow) with a damage dealer and move it toward the target (or simply forward). If it hits something with a damage zone, it'll do damage on it.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thank you for your quick reply. Ive been pouring over all the documentation, but its still kinda hazy. Itll probably(hopefully)make more sense when i have the framework in front of me. But this looks like it fits most of my needs, and im excited about the event system(for quests) you use, so ill definitly be saving for this. But is it ok for this thread to turn into a request for a tutorial sometime in the next month or so on creating and using projectiles?
  • There's no complete example for this yet, but there are already tutorials on this topic.

Here's a general how-to on doing damage (also with damage dealers/zones).
    And here's a practical game tutorial on doing damage with a sword.

If you haven't done so, I'd suggest giving the free test version a try and start with the game tutorials to learn using ORK Framework :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Wow. I didnt know there was a free test version. I looked for one, but all i found was the demo for ork 1 and tutorial resources. Ive read both of those tutorials after your last post, but didnt catch anything about spawning prefabs and moving them. Im guessing i can do something with your event system about it. Downloading the test version now. Thank you.
  • Yes, that's done with the event system.
    First create a prefab with a damage dealer (works similar to the example with the sword). In your battle event, use the prefab and spawn it (e.g. at the position of your combatant's weapon), activate the damage dealer (using the Activate Damage Dealer step) and move it forward.