I am using mecanim animation in a real time battle setup, and i'm trying to create hold animations. Basically where you hold the button down and it either uses a charging animation for an ability for as long as you hold the button or something like a shield animation. I'm not asking how to do a button holding ability like in control maps, but how to make the animation update to the control map.
  • You could use global events for that (World > Global Events). Set up a global event that starts on the input key with input handling Down and uses a game event that plays the charging/holding animation.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Awesome! works really well. I added an avatar mask so i can move while i'm shielding. There anyway i could make the AI perform it?
  • You could have the AI perform an ability to use the animation.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!