edited May 2018 in General Discussion
Hello!

Is it possible to make a top-down 2d game with Ork? I mean, does it have things like a 2d controller (Zelda style for example) with support for animations? I'm looking forward to that.

Edit: I see that Makinom have a free version, can i do these type of controls with it if Ork does not have it built-in?
Post edited by Aewulf on
  • In ORK, there is an option of "none" for controls. I believe, setting it to that makes it so Ork doesn't control the character. I think there is another option too, where you can make a script and send ork parameters for mecanim.

It's been awhile since i've played around with Ork so take with a grain of salt.
  • There's no built-in 2D controller, although you can use the built-in controls for 3D top-down style. The built-in controls are just there to get you started.
    For anything more you can use any kind of custom controls with ORK.

You can also use Makinom for player and camera controls and connect that with ORK's control block states through the connection plugin.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited May 2018
    Thanks, i'll take a look at Makinom and the connection plugin.
    One more question: Can i change sprites and animations with Makinom depending wich button i press? Like if i press W it moves the player forward and change the sprite and animation to "moving forward"?
    Post edited by Aewulf on
  • Yep, that's possible.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks ^^