edited July 2018 in Makinom Support
Title says it all. I created a schematic that will simply print a log when the Machine Object collides with a second object. The machine object is dynamic and the other one is static. I ticked the collision enter tick box. As they collide nothing happened. I'm pretty sure that they are colliding because the Machine Object ended up rolling on the surface of the second object.

I do hope that I simply had a misinterpretation and it is not a bug. Cheers! Apologies for posting too much

Makinom version: 1.11 Unity version: 5.6.0f3
Post edited by Morpheus on
  • Is a rigidbody involved somewhere? Otherwise collisions are not recognized by Unity.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited July 2018
    Yes @gamingislove , I use rigidbody 2d and 2d colliders. I tried moving the object by moving the transform, then the rigidbody.I used both Move Position and Velocity. All of them moved the object and no collision were detected (the schematic that is supposed to print a log does not start). Also tried using an Interaction Machine (mouse down) in the same object to print the log when pressed (it did). I'm pretty sure that the fact that the first object rolls over the second one is a sure sign of collision. Furthermore, all of them are set to the default layer.
    Post edited by Morpheus on
  • Alright - I think the issue is your Starting Objects setup in the collision machine component. If the machine is on the player (or should be started by objects that aren't the player), you need to enable Start By Other - otherwise only the player's game object can start a machine.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!