edited August 2018 in ORK Support
In the default gui box settings is it possible to make it play random sounds?

Found some missing texts on the show dialog node: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zx8o94uc2xp7jnm/Screenshot 2018-07-29 19.53.02.png?dl=0

Can I use ork to control the volume of the audio clips played on this footsteps script?

using UnityEngine;

public class FootSteps : MonoBehaviour
{
[SerializeField]
private AudioClip[] clips;

private AudioSource audioSource;

private void Awake()
{
audioSource = GetComponent();
}

private void Step()
{
AudioClip clip = GetRandomClip();
audioSource.PlayOneShot(clip, 1F);
}

private AudioClip GetRandomClip()
{
return clips[UnityEngine.Random.Range(0, clips.Length)];
}
}
Post edited by FreedTerror on
  • No, GUI boxes can't play random sounds.

You can use ORK's volume through ORK.Game.SoundVolume, ORK.Game.MusicVolume or ORK.Game.GlobalVolume.

E.g.:
    audioSource.PlayOneShot(clip, ORK.Game.SoundVolume);
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • That worked :) . Another thing I was wanting to do is, rotate the camera to look at an enemy using a battle event. I was able to get the player to rotate to an enemy, but no success with the camera.
  • You can rotate the camera in the same way, just make sure to set up a Camera actor to move the camera like this :)

Also, if the camera controls aren't blocked, they'll most likely interfere with it.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Can I use a game event instead of a battle event to rotate the player to an enemy, I would need help with the game event setup.

Is it possible make this type of lock on camera system in ork?
  • If the game event has the correct actors for this, sure.

Yes, you can use a lock on camera system with ORK - just use the custom controls and use the lock on camera scripts :)
  • I ended up opting for this camera asset: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/camera/lock-on-rpg-camera-kit-44393

The camera asset came with a script that rotates the player to a target constantly but, the script still allows the player to rotate.
    Can Ork replicate that with a game or battle event but, somehow not allow the player to rotate at all?
    You can see snappy camera movements when the player rotates at 0-9 seconds.

At 11-24 seconds Is it possible to set the camera ork is using to a similar position the lock on cam was using? When exiting lock on cam the top down border cam returns to its original position.

• You can use the event system to manually enable/disable different camera control components, e.g. disabling the top down camera while being in lock-on mode.
  • Using a battle event and enable component nodes worked well for the lock on mode.
    I got a game event to constantly rotate the player to a waypoint when standing still. :)

I recently downloaded makinom free and the plugin for ork.
    In makinom, I was trying to change the material on a skinned mesh renderer with this schematic.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/8yc6inytur7haaa/Screenshot 2018-08-19 20.07.41.png?dl=0

I use a makinom machine node in my ork game event and get these errors.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/yneou2h6nac7ifa/Screenshot 2018-08-19 20.11.01.png?dl=0

• Use the Change Material node to change the material of a renderer, also supports idnexed materials. The Change Fields node could also be used, but Element 0 is no valid field name - keep in mind that the name of the field is referencing to how it's written in code, not how it's presented in the inspector.

As for your error - make sure you have a Makinom game starter somewhere (best in the same scene as ORK) and use the Makinom project asset with your setup.
  • I used a change material node and was able to solve that error I got.

I'm using a value input dialogue node for entering names. It only supports mouse and keyboard.
    Can Ork do a name registration gui box like this?
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/at89lb9yxix07bu/Screenshot 2018-08-27 21.33.50.png?dl=0
  • edited August 2018
    No, you'll have to use a custom solution for this. Maybe there's some on-screen keyboard solution for this that automatically pops up when selecting a text field?
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • In the value input dialogue is it possible to have the text field already be selected? It would take out the need to click on the text field.
  • No, currently not - but you can also start editing the text via the accept key (if the input field is the currently selected one).
  • I made sure the input field is the selected one but nothing happens when the accept key is used. The float and bool input types work when the accept key is used.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/x15n8xks7uw0p87/Screenshot 2018-08-29 13.30.07.png?dl=0