Hello all,

My apologies if this kind of question has already been asked before (I looked deeply for it, but couldn't find anything of such nature.)

But it's a bit of a simple one.

Basically using ORKs tactical/grid system, I want to be able to have a "Unit" represented as a Combatant Group instead of a single combatant. And was wondering if there was any way to do this out of the box?

A good example of this could be like in Advanced Wars, where a single Overworld Unit actually represents multiple.

Or in the case of my test project, a single combatant unit would be represented by 4 combatants (and eventually I'll be adding some custom code to this squad so that each member can have it's data read/written/edited.)

Any advice big or small would be much appreciated. Thanks!
  • No, currently not.

However, you could probably use object variables on the combatant to mark it as multiple units, e.g. using a float variable as a unit count. You can manage reducing units in the combatant's death event:
    - reduce unit count
    - if count is still 1 or more, use a Cancel Death node and regenerate the combatants stats
    - otherwise let it die :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!