Hi! This is something I wanna develop but have no idea how to execute it. I'll try to explain it in a simple way.

Basically, it's something like a system to give presents to npc. I have a menu screen listing only present item type. Basically along the game you'll get a lot of those items. When you talk to npc, you can choose to give them presents. When the player chooses the option (give present), the present menu screen will be called, and player can pick one of the present and give it to the npc. Then there will be an algorithm check, and different dialogue and stuff will happen depending on whether the npc likes the present or not.

Currently I have the menu screen with present item type done, and numerous present in normal item type. However I have no idea how to create the 'give present' scenario and also the algorithm check. Any tips?

Thanks in advance!
  • Hm, you could use an Inventory Exchange menu part instead of an Inventory and have the NPC be a combatant (or item box). That way, the NPC can get items and check them afterwards.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks for the suggestion! But unfortunately there's too many flaws in Inventory Exchange in which I have no idea how to make it...

There's a few details on this present giving event:
    1. The player can only give one present per time. It seems like inventory exchange allow player to swap items and stuff between 2 menu screens which is very unpleasant. Maybe there's a way to hide the 2nd inventory source?

2. What I wanna achieve is the player chooses an item to be given as present, and once the player click on the item the menu screen closes and the algorithm check runs. Imagine it as a sims game, or persona game series. Inventory exchange seems more like a mmorpg trading system. Maybe there's a way to limit the number of items to be transfer (which in my case is 1), and the npc can check what item did it receive afterwards?

I hope my explanation was clear. Is Inventory Exchange still usable in my scenario? Or is there other suggestion for this?
  • edited February 2019
    Just a bit of brainstorming here.

Maybe have the item usable, when usable itll give itself to the nearest npc? I think you can achieve this via variable switches. For instance after telling the npc you have a gift to give them it'll switch on... Navigate to menu and use the item, it'll run a check for such variables. Depending on what you need to have happen next it could simply delete itself and have a relationship variable change.

Whenever there is no awaiting npc using the item will do nothing.

So like. Npc_waitingforitem switches on.
    Which all present item events will check for.
    Post edited by Wrofir on
    Miuratale : coming 2024
    Miuratale
  • Next update will add a new dialogue to select something from Selected Data - i.e. you can first store the items from the inventory into selected data, show them to the player to select one and proceed however you want afterwards with the selected item (also stored in selected data).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!